Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey you guys. On my old DDC we had a weekly chat thread where we posted all our questions and concerns and just chitted and chatted. My old DDC was so much closer and I'm bummed that there doesn't seem to be as much of a bond with this group.

So, would you guys like to start up a weekly chat thread or just keep it the way it is?

Also, who would be interested in doing a virtual shower? We did so many last time and I loved it! I'll be happy to organize one if you all want to do it.

·
Registered
471 Posts
My old ddc did ""tp tuesday" where we all measured our bellies with toilet paper and reported the results every tues am. That was pretty fun too.

·
Registered
828 Posts
I'm up for almost anything. I'm a rookie at this, so I don't really know what the other DDCs do. I'd definitely like to get to know people better.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Sounds like a good time. Sometimes I'm just too pooped to even check out the boards, so my participation level isn't always what it could be.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
The TP tuesday sounds like a ton of fun!!! How about TP thursday so we can start tomorrow!!!! I also think a weekly thread is a great idea....just something to chit chat would be good...

I am also up for a virtual shower....that sounds like fun...not sure how it works, but bring it on

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Yeah, I would love to have more of regular chat on here, too. It didn't seem too popular before, but I'd participate.
What is a virtual baby shower?

·
Registered
10,091 Posts
Yes!

How about a few ice breaker questions? Anyone got good questions to ask?

How many do you have? How did you tell dp? How did/ have you told others?

Are you in maternity clothes yet?

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Hi BBM, I am feeling chatty.

I have a couple girls already and am excited to have a third. Telling Mr. Dingo......... well with the first, I brought the faint-as-can-be test down and told him I thought I was pregnant. We were both kind of stunned. With the second, I put the test into a box and wrapped it as a present. With my next three pregnancies I just told him face to face (those ended up being MC) and with this one, we did the test together and that was by far the best, watching it turn in front of our eyes. I haven't told that many other people, though I was interviewed in our newspaper for something and it came up in the article so many know that way

I have a good day today, not much planned. I have been trying to reduce my reliance on our car (was horrified by myself after seeing "An inconvenient Truth") and plan on tooling around town on the bike with the kids in the burley, doing some errands. We had to cancel our standing dinner date this evening because Mr. Dingo has hand, foot, and mouth virus. The kids were sick a couple weeks ago, and now his feet, hands, and elbows are completely blistered up. He came home from a business trip last night like that and it was so sad. Poor guy. Gonna try to hit the homeopathic section at our co-op to see if there is any additional remedy I can provide him beyond ibuprofen and sympathy.

Hope y'all have a great day. Lets turn this thing into a big old chat thread.

ND

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
I'm all in!

We don't have any human babies, but we have 4 house rabbits, 1 dog, 4 turtles, and 1 fish. oh... and a Husband.
Dh has taught me a LOT more about patients and having a sense of humor!

I thought of a great way to tell Dh. It backfired 'cause he had VERY strong suspicions. But, I'll share anyway. The afternoon I POS I set up a mini studio on our living room and 'pretended' to be taking portraits of the dog (i'm a photographer). The dog wasn't cooperating so when DH walked in the door I told him to sit down with George (the dog) so he'd stay in one place. after a few shots of him and the dog, I ran over to get in the photo too. After a shot so I could time the timer, I told him just before it went off.
I tried to get a shot of his reaction, but he reacted AFTER the shutter tripped. Oh well... I made him 'pretend' to be surprised for 5/6 shots afterwards. More for fun then anything else. He is pretty over the top when you get him to ham it up, so they dont' look 'real', but that is okay.

Yep, we told my parents the same day (bought small frames that said Grandkids on them and put in a little slip of paper that said: Mom's Name + Dad's Name = Kid's Name and birthdate -obviously the names were filled in- so by the time they got the third one it had us and our EDD. However, my Mom already knew so while it was a cute idea and I know they liked it, it wasn't a big surprise).
We told our friends when we saw them next and told his mom about 1 month later.
I told work at about 3 months.

I have a few, but the pants always slip down when I bend over or sit or sqat. So... I still wear my normal jeans, they are getting tight and I highly doubt I'll be wearing them for much longer, they do leave indents on my stomach and are harder to button close. The only downside is that the maternity clothes i have, at the moment, are ones that were on sale, so they are mostly summer clothes. My sister has her old ones that i need to pick up that are the proper season. My nephew was born in December too.

·
Registered
891 Posts
My DH and I have two DDs. They are 5 1/2 and 3. With all 3 pregnancies DH was right there as we waited for the results from POAS.

I'm in maternity clothes although they are a bit loose.

I think that the kids and I will go to the bead shop today, to look for the swap beads. We also need to take the car to the body shop to get an estimate for the replacement of our front bumper. This dolt backed into our car at a gas pump over the weekend. He was driving a jacked up truck that had a giant trailer hitch on it and it poked a large hole in the plastic bumper of our Toyota Sienna. The good news is that we got his insurance information. Oh, we'll also go to the post office and mail out some swap packages that I've got for a swap on another board.

Oh, yeah, and I don't have to cook dinner tonight, as my MIL has invited us for chiles rellenos

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
Fun!

We have two great dogs and had a m/c in August, so no living children. We are so excited! I keep trying to imagine how our lives are going to change, and it is impossible. I can't wait. It just feels so right!

I love to hear the creative ways you all told dp! We got pg the first month we tried and I had had AF-like cramps for a couple days, so I thought there was no way that I was pg.
After AF didn't show up for two days (just an estimate b/c my cycles hadn't regulated out and we didn't chart) I decided to take a test. DH and I watched the test results together. It was so special! He wasn't the slightest bit surprised, which cracked me up. I guess I was already starting to act hormonal!

We waited until after blood work and early ultrasound to tell our parents. Close friends guessed right away (me not drinking clued them in
). It has been really fun, especially now that I am not hurling every morning and we are well into the second tri!

I have been in maternity clothes for a while now. I popped out and then everything has slowed down a bit. The truth is my jeans were almost getting too tight when I found out, so I had to wear bigger clothes early.

Looking forward to getting to know you all!! Thanks for starting this!

·
Registered
689 Posts
So are you going to answer your own questions BBM? I like reading about other people's happy stuff. This will be our 4th child, we have two surviving children and one angel baby, so this will hopefully be #3 at home. I'm skipping the next question
: . I wasn't sure how everyone would take the news, my mom knew I had been to the doc's and pharmacy, so she knew. (I don't go either of those places unless I'm pregnant, or extremely extremely ill.) I had DS tell MIL. I said Hayden tell grandma what we're getting for Christmas. He said "A BABY!"
DS is super excited. MIL was totally shocked. But I've been happy that everyone has been so supportive, I really wasn't expecting it. I'm mostly wearing maternity (the few items I have) and skirts pulled up over my belly. Bless everyone, they keep buying me maternity clothes that will be way too small in a couple months but work great now. (I haven't been a medium person for a really long time.)

·
Registered
6,047 Posts
This is baby #3 for DH and I. Our son will be 4 next month, and our DD will turn 2 just a few days later.

We've also got a cat and 3 fish.

And pregnancy brain is kicking in, because I've already forgotten the other questions !

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hmm...let's see. This is our second baby and I didn't really tell DH in any special way. We weren't exactly trying so when I told him I got a faint line he just laughed at me and told me I was imagining things. So I went and got the digital test and when it said pregnant he just shrugged his shoulders and said it was a little early, but oh well.

Telling other people...I just kind of let it slip here and there. My sister was the first person and my mom the second person. My sister was thrilled, my mom...not so thrilled, but happy for me.

I'm in maternity clothes except for a pair of jeans and two pairs of capris. All my pants/capris are low rise on the hips (I jumped with glee when they made those) so I can still fit in them...except for my thighs...sigh...they're getting bigger.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I think that some of us just haven't been a close ddc or one at all and we need ideas
I would say post away and most of us will join.

·
Registered
6,047 Posts
I started wearing my maternity clothing at 6 weeks this time.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
I am wearing yoga pants and some maternity tops. Does anyone else get frustrated with the maternity summer clothes? It is all teeny weeny spaghetti strap shirts and dresses! Hello!
: My huge boobs will bust out of that in no time
I will be happier come fall when I can put on some jeans LOL

ND

·
Registered
6,047 Posts
I get frustrated with maternity clothes because NONE of it is nursing friendly !

1 - 20 of 55 Posts