Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aaaaaaaaaaaaah! End of June! End of June!

Can't wait to hear back from Meghan! Who's next? MoD? Mmgarda?

I think I sprained my big left toe this weekend. Argh. Like I need that on top of everything else?

Got some nesting accomplished...re-orged the back porch to make it more of a play area for DD and got her huge loved easel out of the living room to make space for swings, etc. Also got the bathrooms organized. Nice nice.

Also had a couple pg meltdowns. Poor Dh. I'm a hormonal mess. Lots of crying and wobblers.

Still have not packed hospital bag, painted, or re-orged the disaster area above my kitchen cabinets (aka Free storage locker).

DD's sleep is all whacked again and I am praying for an easy week - despite loads of laundry, and 3 more trips to the grocery store ahead...why o why can't one store sell everythign I need?

Everyone else?

·
Registered
988 Posts
34 weeks - holy cow!

Well, my chiro did Webster last week to see if it would help this baby flip from posterior to anterior - and I'm almost positive it worked too well....I'd place bets this baby is breech now!
Best laid plans!!

We spent hours yesterday at Ikea, bought a sofa bed so my parents have somewhere to sleep when they come after baby arrives. Spent far too much of dh's bonus - but it was fun to shop like rich people for a change!

Pom - we're having real sleep issues with dd as well - I shudder to think of how I'll cope with her issues and a baby at the same time. Frankly - I'm terrified!

Feeling good, enjoying myself and getting eager for July,
Jeanette

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
36 weeks & 3 days here! I how I want to meet my baby!

I have a midwife appointment today... I actually think this baby has dropped significantly. I think my 3 hour hike at the zoo, followed by a 3 hour swim the next day where I did the frog swim or just sat in a squat in the water really brought him/her down. I have so much pressure on my bladder that it constantly feels full, even after I've just peed. Plus I am experiencing rectal pressure... not comfortable.

And the ligaments at the top of my inner thighs huuuuuuuuuurt. Ouch!

I felt so dizzy last night that I was tempted to wake up my midwife since dizziness can be a bad sign late in pregnancy... blood pressure and all that, right? But I fell asleep and since I'm seeing her today I didn't really worry about it.

I can't wait to read all of your birth stories and see pictures!! Are you all documenting the labor and delivery with pics?

Anyway, it's a full moon on Wednesday right? I wonder if it will effect any of us!

·
Registered
467 Posts
36 weeks tomorrow. It's amazing how fast this has gone and I'm a little sad that it will be over so soon. Baby dropped a week or so ago which feels very early to me considering I was so sure I would be late. I know I still have a lot to do to get ready (well not really, the diapers and clothes are washed and the homebirth kit if ready) but I'm not at all motivated. Maybe motivated isn't right. I guess I just haven't got that nesting urge yet.

Overall I'm felling great and am staying healthy. BP is lower at every visit, no swelling, still sleeping comfortably on my back. It's almost like I'm not pregnant, except for the very busy baby in my belly. S/he already knows big sisters voice too. S/he moves every time I nurse her or she comes to be in my lap or talk to me.

I'm looking forward to reading birth stories soon. I hope everyone has the birth they are hoping for.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I am a cleaning freak! I amost have my entire house clean and my laundry all done at the same time!!!

I am throwing up quite a bit though, which is leaving me pretty much housebound today. There were several more births on another july board I go to and it is exciting to know mine is coming up soon enough!

·
Registered
7,885 Posts
I had my home visit today, and my first internal. Midwife says my pelvis is nice and wide and deep. I'm barely open (about 1/2 cm) but I'm 50% effaced and very very ripe! The EPO did it's job. I'm sure I'll get to my due date, though I'm hoping I won't go too far over. My bp has been 132/74 that last two visits, despite eating two eggs every day and all that. It's still not a bad bp, but mine is usually more like 105/65!

·
Premium Member
5,084 Posts
Sounds like everyone is doing well and just getting ready for the babies to start coming.

Unfortunately my week is not starting off so well, I am dealing with a high stress legal situation from my former lousy employer and the situation has taken a negative turn.
Well its affecting me and I guess the baby as well.

I went into to visit with my MW today, I am 35wks and 5 days today and the baby is now lying transverse, she had been head down the week before last. My blood pressure is also rising though not in the unsafe zone yet.
I have to go in on Wed when I am 36 weeks to see my MW's OB back up for a U/S and an EV. I don't have to do the EV but the OB will only do an EV at 36 weeks so my fear is that of I don't do it and the baby stays in a trasnverse lie then we are looking at a C-section.

My MW's and I along with my husband had a long talk and they are very concerned about the stress that I dealing with and how its turning a pretty non-eventful pregnancy into more. I am scared because while I want to block out the world when people are threatning your liviehood and even your very reputation as a professional, its hard to ignore.

So despite having a full plate of things to do (work and baby preparations) I am trying to shut out everything and just focus on this baby. Of course while in the midst of high pressure time it appears my ex is getting janky about the summer visitation schedule with my 13 yo who is supposed to start summer break with me this week but now its up in the air.
: Of course I have no energy to argue with the ex but don't want my son to feel like he is being replaced by the new baby. Ok enough negativity.

Oh how could I forget my newest pregnancy symptom, I am swelling so I look puffy all over.

Despite all the madness I am still so looking forward to meeting my baby.

Shay

·
Registered
495 Posts
Wow Shay that is tough... much love and hugs to you!

I'm finally in "getting ready for baby" mode. I bought a cradle today, I always wanted one, so I am pleased with it, eventhough baby will be in our bed quite often, but I don't plan on or think I'll be able to sleep every time baby is sleeping, so a bed for him is necessary. I also bought a carseat, and wrestled with places, positions and the like for an hour! I have it in the car and ready to go. I never knew how much of a pain it is to have two car seats in the car. When my oldest was 3 1/2 and Liam was born, he didn't need to be in a car seat or booster... that was ok then, but not now. Now all I need to do is wash bedding and pack a bag!

Cameron seems to be reverting back with sleep problems too, he's been in our bed just about every night for a few weeks. He's had his own bed for a while, but is now sleeping with us again. And the little stinker snores!

Cleaning, well I haven't had the energy, thanks to waking up every night at about 3:30 am and not being able to get back to sleep till about 5 or 6. Then the other kids wake up between 7 and 8. So I'm pretty much a zombie in the morning. But the house is still pretty much clean, just toys and other stuff scattered around.

I have a new fur baby, we took in another cat, we had two cats but one died about two months ago. This cats owner recently died and nobody would take it, so I was asked if I would take it by my neighbor. This new kitty is a lot like the one that died, and another one we had that disappeared, looks and acts like them. He is a very nice kitty and a welcome addition to our home!

Other than that I'm ready to have this baby, but he is still in breech position it seems there's a lot of that going on around here---maybe we all need to send eachother turning vibes! I had my ob visit today and talked to my ob about it, and he said they won't try to turn him till 39 weeks, hoping, wishing, and praying he does before then!!!!!!! Ok and how about those positions on the spinning babies website, I don't know but they are killer if you have any pelvic pain, plus I have another ache in my back and those positions seem to aggrivate it. HELP! So far I've heard:
Get on your hands and knees as often as you can.
put ice on the babies head so he will move away from it
get in a pool and do some handstands. UMMMM no thanks.
acupunture-which I will start by next week if no turning has happened
Chiropractor---um read above from JeanetteL, will it make it better?
Donna

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
Have to read the thread still - but thought I would post first.

Everything still good here - not sleeping well but that is normal I guess.

I am just feeling beyond greatful that DH is so close to home now - seriously, like we have been blessed with this situation! Maxi and I drove down (only a 1.5 hour drive) on Friday and stayed til Sun. afternoon. It was so nice to get to go to some games (havent been to one of DH's games since last Aug.!) and Maxi LOVED it - though he was terrified of the mascot

Baby is moving a TON - feels like all elbows and knees in there - I see little points sticking out the side of my belly all day long :LOL I have one more 2 week visit then start going once a week. I am just so anxious for her to arrive and I still have 5 weeks to go!

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
Sleep Issues!!!! Here too
What is it with that? Max is sleeping HORRIBLE! We still co-sleep and I have a tough enough time sleeping as it is but with him not sleeping well either its that much worse! I was just thinking last night that with a new baby and him not sleeping we were all going to be a mess!

Shay - I am so sorry you are having a rough time. It sounds like its coming at you from all directions. I hope things turn around for you soon!

Everyone is getting so close - three births for our board already and its not even the end of June yet!!!! I feel like I have such a long way to go still being due at the END of July.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Emily

Quote:
the diapers and clothes are washed and the homebirth kit if ready
You are SO much farther ahead than I am. I can't bring myself to wash the diapers - they are too cute to throw into the machine
I haven't even look at the birth kit list - need to get on that!

Shay,
Sorry to hear you are having such a rough time, I'll keep you in my thoughts.

Morgan.
Yay - I am so happy for you that dh is near and you'll all be together for the birth. Such wonderful news. The sleep thing is driving me up the wall - she's up till 10 or 11 at night, usually coming into our bed overnight and still waking in the morning..not to mention an overtired wreck all day (as am I). How on earth do I fix this? I've got all sorts of friends giving me great advice about ignoring her when she calls out, and one who asked how I felt about spanking (grr) but no real ideas on how to get her back on track. I think I'll cry if she's still not sleeping when the baby arrives.

Jeanie,
Some chiros do a technique called Webster that has a very high success rate in turning breeches and adjusting other malpresentations. Just a basic chiropractic adjustment could help realign your pelvis as well, and make you more comfortable. Worth trying anyway! There are also some homeopathics that are thought to be useful - but that is far beyond my area of expertise

·
Registered
553 Posts
Oh Shay, I am so sorry about the stress. My dh hasn't been paying the bills (we have the money, he just hasn't been bothering to actually pay them) and I got a SHUT OFF notice for the water today that sent me through the roof. Anyhow, I have been so stressed out over this I seriously thought it was going to throw me into labor (and that is NOT how I wanted things to start). I took a nap and I am feeling better about the world, but still, I totally feel for you. Breathe deep.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by JeanetteL
The sleep thing is driving me up the wall - she's up till 10 or 11 at night, usually coming into our bed overnight and still waking in the morning..not to mention an overtired wreck all day (as am I). How on earth do I fix this?
Have you read the No Cry Sleep Solution for Toddlers and Preschoolers by Elizabeth Pantley? It recently came out and has some great ideas in it.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
we finally picked up a dresser for all the baby clothes ($25 at a thrift store!) and i've been neatly organizing everything for the drawers..might as well be organized in the beginning,huh?

a couple days ago, i spent the entire night doing baby laundry, folding baby clothes ( i am *obsessed* with baby clothes. god they are so cute! and this baby has more clothes than me and my guy combined.lol), and getting my box of birth supplies ready for the homebirth visit next week

belly's still itching like crazy and getting lots of jabs to the ribs now.

i need to do some henna on my belly before it's all over!

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Oh, shay, I'm so sorry you need to go through this. You are right...close in and focus on the babe as much as possible. Don't even worry about a C -- there's still so much time!! Just talk to that babe inside, and with all our good vibes, something's got to give, right? ((hug)))

Maxmami- FInally! Glad you are having fun seeing DH.

Sleep -- arghghg salkdhglshglkdhglkshlkhtlihritoirtiortypoiutpotupo euptoe. "Find a happy place. Find a happy place."

Jeanie - LOL, you sound liek a wildwoman with all that hustling and bustling and a new cat with a new babe?? WOW.

Cheese - What a deal on the dresser! Wooo!

OK. Just for the record, now that all these July girls are being born...our name is Katherine Viivi for the girl I am carrying. Don't want y'all to think I'm a thief! Actually, DH is solid on the name, I'm still debating others, but no others feel right, and he hates everything. I knew Katherine (we'd call her Kate) isn't a rare name by any stretch, but who knew every baby coming would have that name somewhere??? Course, I'm not too worried about the Viivi part...

Acid stomach is back. Fun fun fun.

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Re: Older Sibling Sleep Issues
Thank G-d, dd has been sleeping fairly well (KA"H
: ), but she is just obsessed with my breasts, it seems. She loves to nurse and she seems to have increased in frequency with it over the past couple months. Maybe my milk is better now than it was mid-pregnancy. Maybe she senses that things are changing, and she's holding on to all her comforts. After the first couple weeks, I remember being so well rested when dd was a newborn. I was ecstatic that the whole co-sleeping and nursing while in bed thing was working so well for me. I had energy and felt great. I don't know how it will go this time. Dd is semi-nightweaned. I will let her nurse at night once or twice if she really seems to need it, but otherwise I just roll over. She usually nurses to sleep and to wake up, and maybe a couple times a week she will nurse in the middle of the night. I don't know how I am going to be able to refuse her if her sibling is nursing all night.

Shay, Shay, I am so sorry you are dealing with all these stressful work-related issues now. I hope everything resolves soon for the best. I guess you really can't just ignore the situation, whatever it may be, but I wish you could try. With my first pregnancy, there was a lot of drama over my maternity leave. Basically, the HR person in my company was clueless. She told me one thing about maternity leave when I was 4-5 months when I first went to discuss it with her, then she told me something different each time I would talk to her about it subsequently. The details aren't worth going into, but finally my supervisor got brought into the situation and resulted in several people giving me a hard time about not leaving on leave until the day I would go into labor (otherwise they supposedly couldn't guarantee I would get disability pay). It was very stressful. Toward the end of my pregnancy my bp started to rise. I started having contractions before my EDD, etc. My midwife was getting concerned about me, too. Ultimately, everything turned out fine, but I have no doubt in my mind that the stress at work caused my bp and contraction issues. I don't know what you can do to step back from the situation, if it is possible at all, but you only have a few more weeks to go. Something like high bp can affect your birthing plans, etc. Please do whatever you can to decrease the stress. I hope everything resolves soon.
(((((Turning baby vibes)))))

Morgan - I am glad you and your dh and able to be together now. I hate be separated from my dh, and at such an important time...

jeanieloz & JeanetteL - (((((Turning baby vibes))))) for you, too.

Leos - Good on ya for all the cleaning you've been doing.

CherryBomb - Glad to hear you effacing and dilating properly.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Can't believe all the births! So crazy!!

And I honestly don't think I'll be next, but thanks for the thought, Pom! :LOL I have to make it to the 4th, otherwise I'm in for an emergency visit to the hospital. I have to be 37 weeks before the MW can deliver. But after that. . . spicy food, long walks, sex, jumping on the trampoline. . . :LOL

Shay - so sorry to hear about your stress. I hope things work out soon.

Morgan - yay on DH being closer again!!

Re: turning breech babies, there is a lot of research on hypnosis and visualization techniques. If nothing else, I strongly suggest some daily deep relaxation breathing, followed by strong visualization of your uterus being big and open, your baby being head down and ready to arrive, and affirmations that this will be a normal, wonderful, easy birth!

As for me, we're almost ready. Need to get our homebirth kit and finish setting up the cradle. Oh, and the kids' bookshelf needs a repair so that has to get done and the books have to all get put back. Otherwise - diapers, sheets, blankets, clothes all washed. Diaper pail purchased. Pretty much ready to go!

Getting constant pushing and pummeling from inside, along with aching muscles and back, and beginning swelling. BP still very, very good and nothing else amiss that we know of. . .

Positive vibes to everyone!!

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Shay

I'm 35w...
We are starting to move boxes to our new home tomorrow...
I still have boxes to do before THE moving day (Saturday)
I still haven't got to the Post Office to change our address
:
My library book is late again

I need a new head with more than 2 neurons

Was a little bit scared on Father's Day... had regular contractions, 5 minutes apart, for more than an hour after supper and couldn't do anything more than drinking water and trying to relax as we were at my SIL's house... They got to 2 minutes apart in the car on our way home
I went directly in the bathroom but took the time to scrub the bath before getting in it
(DH still doesn't understand THAT and I can't explain why I did it
) and the contractions spaced and then stopped.

On a positive note, I almost have everything I want for this baby!
(I already have everything this baby needs : arms and boobs :LOL ) Got some diapers this morning, a little bed to put on the side of our bed and a jogging stroller (can't convince DH to use the Wrap so far).

I just can't find affordable breastfeeding sleepwear
I'm afraid I will have to spend 50$can or more... I know I will wear them for a long time but spending so much on sleepwear seems crazy
I remember buying breastfeeding nightgowns at Zellers and Sears (no more than 15$ then) when my dd was born (I know... 14 years have gone by
) but they don't sell maternity or breasfeeding clothing in my area right now
:

OK, I feel sleepy now
I better hurry back to bed

·
Registered
553 Posts
Can I just raise my hand and say, I would really, really like to go into labor this Friday! LOL It would work out really well with the holiday the next week and give dh the most time to be home. Well, here's to wishful thinking.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I'm so sorry about hearing about your stress issues, Shay. Why will the doctor only try an EV at 36 weeks? When ds was breech I was told they would try it around 38 weeks. I had an appointment with the doc to discuss it at 37 weeks, but thankfully ds turned the day before. In other words, I'm glad I didn't have it done at 36 weeks!

I tried everything to get my baby to turn - positioning, music, visualisation, and he finally turned the day after I gave up and resigned myself to the EV attempt. Go figure!

As for older children and sleeping issues, I am probably going to jinx myself completely, but I think we are finally getting somewhere with ds. He has always been a terrible sleeper, right from birth, and until very recently we coslept (he is almost 4). Then when we moved 2.5 months ago we made a big fuss about him having his own room (the biggest!) and own bed (even though he had that in the previous house as well). He started to fall asleep in his own bed but then come in to us around 1:30. Slowly that time has become later and later and this morning he didn't show up until 7:45!
Admittedly he still wakes up at least once or twice during the night and I have to tuck him back in (dh never wakes up, of course
), but he goes back to bed without a fight. Honestly, though, if we hadn't moved house I doubt we would have got this far. And for those of you trying to solve this problem SOON, I have to say that it took MONTHS to get to this stage!

I had another horrible night last night. My bowel has been so out of sorts lately - I just keep swinging back and forth between two extremes. Irritable bowel when you are heavily pg sucks monkey ass! I was convinced I was having contractions, and once again spent some time timing in the living room, until I fell asleep on the couch. If this happens when dh is gone (he leaves on Thursday) I will FREAK!

1 - 20 of 98 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.