Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone get Weekly Reader? I was looking into it and I can't figure out how to order and what you pay for and what you get. So if I pay for $9.98 for one Weekly Reader (K level) is that only for 1 weeks worth? That seems like a bit of a rip off. Or is that for the whole semester? Anyone want to go in and get the quantity discount with me? It's $1.42/e if you get 10+ of an edition, or $9.98 if you just get one!

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'm sure it'd be like a co=op. One person orders them then they send them out to each person wanting one and the recipient pays postage and the cost of the item.

·
Premium Member
13,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does anyone know if you get them all at once? If you get them one week at a time that would be a PIA, but if they all came at once for the semester, it would be easy & cheap to ship them out to people in the "Co-op".

·
Registered
11,576 Posts
We get the Scholastic News for 4th and 2nd grades. The 4th grade comes weekly and the 2nd grade comes monthly. I ordered the teachers editions which come with one student copy, a teachers guide which sometimes has something helpful or interesting, wall maps, a fourth grade geography workbook, etc. My total for both editions and the extras for the whole school year was $17 or $18. They were concerned because such a high portion of my bill was shipping, but honestly it is a great deal. I really can't believe what all we get for the money. My kids love getting them in the mail.

(I'm guessing the $9.98 was for the year, but you need to call and ask them and find exactly what it costs including shipping).

I really don't think it would be worth it go in with someone else because you will spend so much time and money getting them to each other.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
This is sounding so familiar. Has this been around since the 70's or so?

I found their website but they don't have any sample pages that I can find. Are they schoolish or just a magazine? My dd likes getting magazines in the mail and the price is certainly right. Are there ads?

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
Just for your information, you might want to take a look at this column of reviews in the Columbia Journalism Review. It's the fifth paragraph down. It has to do with the way anti-smoking laws are portrayed as unfair by the WR, which is owned by a company that's a unit of a company that's the controlling shareholder in the nation's largest maker of cigarettes. Makes you wonder...

Darts and Laurels

- Lillian

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.