Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Late on the "week", but here we are. We just got back from a weekend with the in laws. We told them about the baby, and they were excited. :) One of my sisters in law was not there, and we told her over skype. She was pretty bla, but at least didn't chew us out. She regularly tells us (or just my husband) that we are ruining our lives by having three, so the idea of four is, I'm sure, exploding her childless, single existence. My husband is expecting a scathing email in the next day or two. She doesn't really bother me too much at this point though - we just have radically different ideas of "success". I wish she would keep her commentary to herself, but I don't super care what she thinks. And we only see her ~once a year, so...
My parents were also excited, so there you go. Phew.

My uterus is lifted out of my pelvis! Very exciting. I deal with pelvic organ prolapse, and although my uterus is not usually too low, in the first trimester it gets lower and lower. Yesterday (11 weeks, 2 days), I *felt* it almost pop out of my pelvis. It was a little alarming, and now I am feeling ligaments I hadn't been feeling, but it is nice to feel "lifted", for sure. :)

Also, I'm huge. I have taken zero photos though. Should get on that and start a belly thread. It's always fun to see things progress for everyone, especially as it seems every body does this a little differently. Such an incredible thing.

I thought I felt a little bump the other day, but figure it must have been my gut or something. I'm so looking forward to consistent movement though - I think it's the best part of pregnancy. Are any of you feeling movement yet?

What is going on in your neck of the woods? Any new or weird pregnancy stuff? Did you do the genetic screen that tells you baby's sex? I'm *so* curious about this little person! I feel girl, but am afraid to trust that because I would really love a girl (my oldest is a girl and she is desperate for a sister, and I would really like her to have that). We have decided to go ahead with the anatomy screening at 20 weeks, and I think will find out sex then. We're thinking about keeping it a secret from everybody though (except our daughter, if it's a boy. I think a bit of pre-warning will be good for her. She cried when brother #2 turned out to be vulva-less).

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
I'm 12 weeks today and feeling like I can maybe let down my guard a bit and begin to enjoy things more and that's a nice feeling.

Tomorrow I have my first appointment with my midwife and that's super exciting! My midwife is a friend of mine anyway, so that's pretty fun :)

I'm feeling like I notice a definite uterine presence, but I'm tall and long-torsoed, so i don't get noticeably pregnant for a long time.

Mostly I'm just hoping for even a bit of exhaustion to lift. I have stuff I need to be doing and I'd like to start getting stuff done!

We are always Team Green and plan to stay that way. I love when others find out though!

·
Registered
246 Posts
I'm 16 weeks and feeling pretty normal! Still strong aversions, but that might last until the end for me. 16 weeks is the earliest I've left morning sickness behind so I'm happy!
We've got an anatomy scan for the 1st week in May. Still no strong gender feeling, but I'm leaning slightly to "boy". Its probably my husband influencing me as he's convinced its a boy enough to use male pronouns. We MIGHT be onto something with a boy name.
I'm working on planning a trip, sort of a babymoon but our sons will come. It will be so fun to do 1 last fun thing as a family of 4. We're all very excited!!
My birth center is connected to a hospital and has a hospital billing system. We're trying to get it all paid for now before our insurance starts over in May. And of course, the billing department has been impossible to contact! Frustrating! We both hate dealing with this stuff so much! It will still probably be better than our old birth center- they're tiny and didn't quite seem to have a good grasp on how to do their financial/insurance department.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I'm just starting week 15! We just announced on facebook over the weekend. I am finally starting to get some of my energy back but overdid it Saturday.

I keep having girl feelings, but would be happy either way! About 5 more weeks until we find out :) We have a couple of girl names we've tossed back and forth more than others...but DH doesn't really want to discuss names until we know if we are picked a boy or girl name.

I feel like I started showing right away, pants stopped buttoning at like 8 weeks! However I feel like the rate of growth has slowed? Like I just popped and am slowly growing into it lol. Also, I find it amusing how much I "show" varies with clothing so much! Definitely feeling some movement, but it is so quick and subtle I always second guess myself.

We are trying to get DS used to this foreign concept of a sibling ;) I think he sort of gets it. If you ask him where the baby is, he points to my belly button usually.....occasionally my chest or his own belly button :love We tried to record him saying "big brother!" but DH's brother said it sounded like "Peanut Butter!"

This pregnancy seems to be going so fast!! Just trying to enjoy each stage as well as cherish the next few months with DS and DH. @TealCandy a mini family vacation sounds like so much fun! I would like to, but also saving PTO for when I'm on leave, maybe we can squeeze in a long weekend!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.