Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
560 Posts
Welcome everyone!!!!

(Gale...I promise not to say anything...shhhhhhh)

I'm due beginning of March.....by ovulation it would be 3/2. My birthday is the fourth and that would make a cool birthday 3/4/5 so I'm hoping to be a couple days late.....though I know by the time I'm that far along I won't be hoping for that at all.

This will be baby #4 and final one for us.....I've pretty much determined the only way I will be having more is to have God throw us a curve ball and give me twins. I can't do a homebirth so I'll be doing a hopsital birth with a doula.

So far I'm the only one really excited/happy about it. My hubby agreed to one more but has become rather anxious/nervous and anything but excited about it since the announcement. My family will be 'worried' about us which is why we haven't told any one other than a few friends. The most common response so far is 'ANOTHER one????????' Makes a mom feel good eh?

· Registered
560 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ekblad7+
Anyway, I feel awful. All day morning sickness but glad to be pregnant. We lost a baby a few months ago and I feel lucky to be at this point. 7 wks tomorrow!

UGH! I know what you mean. I had it for 9 months with my first, 7 months with my second and 6 months with my third. I haven't had anything more than some waves so far. I discovered the more milk I drink the worse it gets which was a lot of my problem with #3....I get heartburn really badly and drink milk to counter the heartburn which in turn made me nauseous. I'm avoiding all dairy as much as possible this go round. I hope you find something to help.

· Registered
560 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kyle98sean02
Well, I really should tell dh first, but I had 3 bfp's today and my edd is March 7

Woohoo!!! Congratulations!
Makes me feel good to know I'm not the only one that announced it online before letting dh know
:

· Registered
560 Posts
I understand that as well. Even though my hubby agreed to one more it wasn't because HE wanted one. I didn't even get a hug when I told him....he just kinda sat on the couch staring at me and said 'I knew it'. So much for joy. It's why I hesitate telling my family since I know it will be the same sort of reaction. My kids will be excited when I tell them though.

· Registered
560 Posts
When we were ttc #3 we found out that my dh's sister was pregnant (she was the one that wasn't ever going to have children). I just knew that I'd get pregnant and everyone would say I did it just because she was pregnant so I slipped it in with my MIL that we were going to be trying soon also. Of course the 'she did it just because so and so did' came from my own grandmother regarding my other sil (we were due a couple months apart) which cracked us all up since we were openly discussing TTC methods at a family gathering and my grandmother was right there listening to us.

It's hard for me to say but I'm gonna anyway....I think the only way that my dh will be more than just okay with this pregnancy is if it turns out to be a girl. He seems to mourn the daughter we don't have more than I did.

· Registered
560 Posts
I know if this one is a girl that she will get a lotttt more attention than if this is a boy (not that a boy would get any less than the other boys). My in laws have 4 grandsons, no grandaughters, my side has 4 grandsons and one grandaughter that belongs to my brother....so girls are scarce to begin with. I kinda think it would be cool to have 'four of a kind'....not many people with that and I wouldn't have to worry too much about different activities.

As far as my hubby....I know he'll come around by the time the pregnancy is near over, I just think he'll be a bit more interested if it were a girl.

· Registered
560 Posts
I figured I'd get the license plate frame that says either 'Four of a kind' or '3 boys and a babe'. The thing I find quite ironic is for a living I make dance costumes...all sorts of frilly cutesy little girl dance costumes (and some not so cutesy ones too).

· Registered
560 Posts
I actually told my mom today and she acted more excited than I thought she would. Of course it ended with her telling me I really needed to watch my health etc...this time around (like I didn't last time). Morning sickness struck me this morning but I think it's the milk. Can any of you guide me to calcium rich foods that are not dairy?

TIA!

· Registered
560 Posts
I'm back ladies. That was one heck of a back thing I had.....could hardly move for a couple days. Morning sickness has come in full blast for me. I was sick 4 times before 9 am yesterday and it's started this morning already. I'm trying the morning wellness tea that's supposed to be for morning sickness so we'll see how it goes this morning.

It's my middle sons birthday party today. His birthday was yesterday and my mom took him to the circus. He had an absolute blast. I've been trying for a while to get the grandparents to take the kids to do something with them one on one instead of buying him toys that they don't need/use and this is the first time one of them followed through.

Congratulations to everyone whose joined the list while I was gone.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.