Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love the weekly thread that we have in TTC so let's have one here where we can check in with each other and get to know one another

I am Rebecca and i am due March 1st.I have three amazing children ages 6,4,2(do i know how to space them or what?)and this will be my 4th after two miscarriages this year.I am very nervous but feeling good about this babe.I will get my second round of beta results on monday and i am keeping my fingers crossed that the numbers are high!I am pretty nauseous throughout the day and finding myself pretty tired.

Who's next?

· Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jess,i'll be waiting!

Ekblad~i think i am due the end of Feb but choose the first of March so that i wouldn't be the very last one left on the Feb board.Weird huh?

Nice to meet you Eva!I am planning another homebirth,i've had three great ones so far.I need to interview the midwives around here,soon!

· Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice job Gale Force.I am doing something similar to help with my anxiety and weight gain this time around.With my last pregnancy i developed a lot of anxiety after delivery.So i am using nutrition to heal!Have you told your dh or is it a total secret?

· Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi Shannon,i am so glad you heard the heartbeat!

Welcome Kate(i've been waiting for you!) and Teensy.

My results were better then expected.They went from 33 to 213 in two days.I took another test today and will know on Wed.I refused the pelvic but will go for an U/S in two weeks.Too many losses not to need the reassurance of a heartbeat.

· Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Welcome Devaskyla and Doulamom!

I know what you mean Heather.I told my dh after a whole week of knowing.I knew he wouldn't have much of a reaction but he did say he was running to get a vasectomy
i haven't told anyone else.This is my 4th so there will be a lot of reaction.

Today was busy for me and i was in such a bad mood
: i will find out my beta results tomorrow.I am getting my Ultrasound in two weeks.

· Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I'm glad it went well Heather!People are always quick to judge aren't they?Who care when you decided or didn't decide it is wonderful for everyone.

I got my beta results,they tripled again!Yay!They are supposed to double every two days and mine quadrupled the first time and then tripled this time.I feel so relieved.I go in again tomorrow.

Sigh of relief.I am packing my dd up to go on a trip to MI for a week to see her grandparents.I'm so sad,but i know she will have a wonderful time.

· Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Dairy makes me really sick too.I can eat cheese though.Calcium can come from the dark leafy greens and broccoli.They are rich in calcium.I take extra calcium supplements as well.

I've been feeling ok.My nausea comes and goes and i spend a lot of time
sleepy though.

I took another blood test which should be my last if it looks good.I won't know the results until Tuesday though.As far as my numbers go i hear it can be normal for some people to have higher numbers.If i were to have twins i would be so happy but if it is one healthy baby i would be just as happy.

Happy 4th everyone

· Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Hi fiercelove,welcome

I bought maternity clothes yesterday
: My belly is growing already and all of my shirts are riding up.My pants aren't buttoning either.So i am wearing everything drawstring and some of my 'fat' pants but my 'fat' pants are huge in the legs and tight in the belly so they look funky.Maternity tank tops are great because they fit below the waist.This is my 4th kid in 6 years so my belly knows what to do.Plus it needed an excuse for me to stop sucking it in

I do not want to wait until tuesday for my blood results.I just want one more good result and i will be very happy.

Galeforce i was talking to a twin mom about her HCG levels and ours are nearly the same
so whoa,maybe.Won't know till the U/S.

Is anyone else here having an early U/S?I am only becasue of my miscarriages.But i will opt for the 18 week also for reassurance that everything looks alright!

· Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Yikes,take it easy Heather!

I am 5 1/2 weeks along Ekblad.This is my 4th but i can't remember if i had cramping or not before
Until i hit 12 weeks i will feel nervous.I get my U/S on the 18th.That may help me as well.

Yes i am wearing maternity clothes already

· Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
Welcome!Yes how you want to give birth does affect who you want as a practioner.You are in MI?I don't know about the Detroit area but there are some amazing midwives in Ann Arbor.With a midwife your meetings are much more personal and open.You can have a homebirth or at a birth center.With a Dr or OB/GYN you will have quickie meetings once a month and a hospital birth.You will have to fight for no epidural and all the things they do to babies in MI.Their are waivers you can sign even if they tell you there aren't.

Congrats again and i hope this answers some of your questions.

Had a fun weekend here.Beautiful weather and we barbecued last night.I'll be gone all this week to camp in Big Sur!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.