Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
229 Posts
I'm here.
I'm Eva, WAHMama to Gretchen 3 1/2 and Koen will be 2 on the 8th.

I have antiphospholipid syndrome which evidently has been the cause of our 4 losses. I'm on daily aspirin currently and may or may not have to start heprin injections. Whatever it takes.
It looks like I'll be followed by both the base clinic and a high-risk OB in the city. I would REALLY love to be able to have this baby in this wonderful birth center up near Annapolis but I don't know yet if that's a good idea or not being high-risk. We'll just have to wait and see. The good news is the hospital I'd be delivering at otherwise allows water births!!

Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

· Registered
229 Posts
Hey Mamas!

Thought I'd check in here again. I've been on pin and needles and trying not to think baby so have been staying away. Then it hit me yesterday... OMGosh! I'm gonna have a baby!!! LOL Despite the 4 mc's I'm feeling causiously optimistic about this baby. I'm already nauseous ALL the time, I'm exhausted and boy am I moody! All good signs of course. Had my first appointment on Tuesday. I LOVE the 'other' doc that I actually wasn't going to see until I had to on Tuesday. He's now all I'll be seeing at that clinic thank you very much! LOL Very on top of things, supportive and HILARIOUS! Humor is vital!
My Beta on Monday at 10dpo was 82.5 and yesterday is was 243.
Yay! And my progesterone was normal! That's a first! I had to be supplimented with both Koen and Gretchen. I talked with him again today and he's been talking with the perinatalogist that he likes up at Bethesda and put in a referal for me to see her. They're supposed to call in the morning to book the appointment. It's supposed to be next week and she'll be starting me on Lovenox then. Not at all nervous about the injections. Actually makes me feel good that we're doing everything humanly possible to keep this precious baby growing!

Hhmmm... is there anything else.... lol my brain is on vacation.

Oh and my next appointment is on the 21st with my new fav Doc, I'll be 7w1d so HOPEFULLY we'll get to see a heartbeat!
:

Kate- I'm also hyper aware of every little twinge and pain! Very nerve wracking but trying to keep the faith.
I also check the tp every single time too!

SHannon- Hey! Whatcha on? Have you had any side effects? Needles don't bother me a bit so it seems like it wouldn't be a big deal at all. ANything to keep the baby right. WAHOOOO about the heartbeat! That is so wonderful!!!

Raven- WAHOO on those numbers!

Ok, I can't remember what else I wanted to post and really need to get to work. I'm at the point I'm no longer functional past 930 which is just no good! I normally work from the kids bedtime until 2-3am! lol

Oh I remember what I was gonna say!
About people's reactions. We just had a miscarriage June 1st. I was only about 5 weeks along and I ovulated just 2 weeks later hense the March 8th due date. Karl announced at a bbq with half the base present that we were pg. I wasn't too thrilled about that but was happy that he was so happy considering we weren't ttc. He of course had to then spread the word that we lost the baby. Everyone has been wonderfully supportive. But now that we're pg again so soon people are... kinda weird. Over all, happy for us but worried. I was worried about telling Karl. We had decided, really he decided and I respected his wishes, not to ttc for at least another year. Decided that 3 days post O! lol He just laughed when I told him and since he's been a bit distant about the pg. I know the mcs have hurt him more then he tends to show me so I think he's just trying to protect himself a bit. He's starting to warm up more. Hopefully soon, maybe after we see/hear a heartbeat, he'll come around more and get excited.
My folks are coming to visit for Koen's 2nd bday next week. I had a "I'm a Big Brother" t-shirt made for him and that's how we'll tell them. While I know they'll be thrilled, they will be VERY worried. My mom is big on letting my body heal... I've been pg and/or nursing for the last 4+ years... so I know she'll say something along those lines. Which is fine but I really just want to be HAPPY. I'm pg! I'm sick! My levels look great! Let's be happy for however long it lasts!!!!

Oh and anyone have a feeling as to the flavor? I've had a feeling for a very long time that our 3rd would be a girl. And now, I feel it even more. lol Maybe it's just wishful thinking! LOL There aren't nearly as many adorable clothes and diapers for boys! lol Obviousely, whatever flavor we get is a blessing!

Ok, really am going to stop now. I may not post often but when I do.... watch out! lol

everyone!

· Registered
229 Posts
LOL Karl thinks/wants boy and I'm sure it's a girl. LOL Karl's such a goof. Gretchen is such a Daddy's Girl and I know he really enjoys that relationship with her but he can't wrestle with her like he can Koen. And he wants to wrestle 2 boys at once! LOL Hopefully it really is a girl then he'll want to try again for another boy!

· Registered
229 Posts
Fiercelove- Welcome and don't worry about it! You'll get the hang of it!
Congrats!

Ravenmoon- I had to lol about you belly knowing what to do! LOL My belly has always popped out early. 9 weeks with Gretchen, 7 weeks with Koen and now at 4w with ??? it's already out! LOL Pretty much just look bloated and fat but it won't be long I suspect till I start getting comments. LOL Fine by me, that's one of my fav parts of pg!

I should be having an u/s on the 21st at 7w, plenty old enough to see the heartbeat. Then I'm supposed to have monthly u/s for the remainder of the pg and probably some NSTs at the end again as well. We didn't want to find out Koen's flavor before birth but he didn't give any other choice cause he flashed us every chance he got during the u/s's! LOL We'll see how this one does.

· Registered
229 Posts
I've been cramping on and off as well. It feels more like a full feeling pulling type thing. At least at the moment! I know it's very nerve wracking but everyone I've talked to has had cramping early on!

Glad I"m not the only one who looks sooo pg already! LOL Yesterday I realized I couldn't suck in my stomach any where near flat any more and today when I'm just relaxed I look easily 4-5 months pg! LOL Think I might have to dig out my summer mat clothes later today. :LOL

· Registered
229 Posts
Heather- I'm so glad you're ok! Take it easy! I'm also a total clutz by nature and when pg.... I'm a true hazard!

I'm feeling rather rediculous these last 2 days. I've about given up trying to suck my stomach in, it hurts! It feels like I've been doing 200 situps instead of just my normal activity! I literally look at least 4 month pg. I'm 4w5d for heaven's sake!! If I wear my bigger clothes, I recently lost about 15 pounds and hadn't put away the bigger size yet, I just look really fat. But if I wear maternity which are of course the most comfortable I look like I'm 4-6 mons along! While I LOVE to look pg when I am pg, it's just soooo sooo early still, I don't want to jinx it or something by digging out all my summer mat clothes... I found a pair of shorts in my closet yesterday that fit great. The rest are in a bin in the garage... I guess I'll just wear the mat shorts and my bigger shirts for a while. I don't think I can handle digging out the mat shirts just yet.

And the high-risk ob nurse didn't return my calls on Friday to schedule my appointment and Monday's a holiday.
I don't understand why my doc here on base wouldn't just prescribe the lovenox himself. He told me flat out that's what she's going to do, he'd already talked with her about me. Hopefully they'll call first thing tuesday with my appointment. But if it's not for next week, I'm gonna insist base doc writes the script for me in the mean time. I don't feel at all comfortable waiting on this! The 1st trimester is the most dangerous with APS, I'm not willing to risk anything! Hopefully the aspirin alone will keep us going until the lovenox gets started. I was doing so well not stressing to much but now it's hit me.
I can't lose another baby! Isn't 4 enough already?!

Ok, time to stop whining and go love on the 2 amazing cuties I have right here with me. I am so blessed! Hugs everyone! Have a wonderful and safe 4th. We're going to go enjoy the festival here on base which will hopefully keep me distracted. lol

· Registered
229 Posts
Thanks Shannon, that does help. *deep breath* lol I've been taking it at night but why is that best? I just take it with my vitamens at night in the hopes I'll sleep through any stomach ache they may give me.

· Registered
229 Posts
Hey Pregos! Just wanted to check in real quick before my folks get here for the day. We're having a wonderful visit. THey were thrilled to find out about our new little one that's incubating. It was so funny. My mom noticed ds shirt immediately! My Pop on the other hand... well he noticed it... read it... read it again and was like "What are you laughing about?!" LMBO :LOL Then he jumped out of his seat saying "OH!!! OH!!! YAY!!!" LOL It's a riot how an incredibly intelligent man can be so clueless sometime!
They're of course concerned about all the blood thinners and such but are supportive as ever.

DS birthday was wonderful! I still can't believe my baby boy is TWO! Boy does he act like it too! I need to go check out the gentle discipline board cause what worked great on dd isn't working at all on ds! LOL I need some new strategies!

I'm not nearly as pukey as long as I stay hydrated but it seems to have switched ends... if ya know what I mean
And I'm more exhausted then ever. So I'm still very hopeful that this one is a keeper.
: Oh and did I meantion the breast PAIN? Forget tender they just downright hurt! Especially when ds first latches on! Just as it was when I was pg with ds and nursing dd. YOUCH! I have to keep reminding myself how wonderful it was tandem nursing dd and ds, I'm convinced it really helped her with the transition of adding a new family member and hope it'll do the same for ds... anyone else here pg and nursing?

I see there's a bunch of new pregos that have joined us.

I better run, my folks should be here for the days running around soon and the kids aren't dressed yet.

Have a great day everyone!

· Registered
229 Posts
Muse- When I was pg with ds and nursing dd, she was just a year old at the time, it didn't start to hurt when she first latched on until about 7-8 weeks. Everything's happened much earlier with this baby. THe good think is it only hurts for a couple seconds when he first latches on, then is fine. I LOVED tandem nursing. Gretchen only just recently weaned at 3 1/2 so they shared the good stuff for well over a year and a half. It was wonderful! I truly feel it helped Gretchen deal with the turmoil that comes with a new baby in the house. I so hope Koen doesn't wean when my milk dries up. I get the feeling he could use that extra comfort at 2 1/2 come march more then Gretchen might have at 20 months. They are totally different personalities so who knows how it'll actually work out.
He's not showing any signs of weaning so so far so good.

Best of luck!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.