1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
lljjkkjjhhgghjhhnml;'

;kkkk,l;
6''[/' **My two year old decided to contribute so I left what she typed

A new week is upon us! How is every one feeling this week? It seems to be appointment time and every one is getting to that oh-so-exciting heartbeat time! (mines not till next week but we're still getting close!) Personally I'm still throwing up wich is just NO FUN! More so now then before but what are ya gonna do?

Turkey day is fast approaching! DP had friends over last night and I made "Thanksgiving Warmups"... it was the practice round for all the guys to start expanding their bellies for the big day! lol... every thing was from a box of some sort so it was all the work or real thanksgiving but it was still very tasty! lol

Question of the week:
What is every one planning for Thursday?
~and~
What is every one thankful for?

·
Registered
733 Posts
thanks for starting a new thread!

I am THRILLED because we have been holding out on telling the grandparents-to-be that we are expecting... they are meeting us in a beautiful town in southern utah, and that's where/when we'll finally tell them. I know my mom has no idea. She thought we were waiting another 2-3 years. The secret's been killing me. I'm so thankful for this gift, and for MDC. All I want for Christmas is an actual baby bump (still not showing!).

·
Premium Member
14,038 Posts
I have my next appointment tomorrow morning and I'm really hoping to hear the heartbeat! (Especially with some of the sad news on this DDC recently, I'm getting a bit paranoid and wont feel better till I hear that thump thumpin). We want to tell our families during the Turkey Day gathering, but some of my family members are suffering from severe medical conditions right now so it's crucial that we not make the announcement until we are as sure as can be that everything is going okay with this pregnancy. So finger's crossed for my appointment!

We have ~12 people coming on Thursday and can't wait. Well, I'm excited but frankly I've been trying to clean the guest bedrooms during dd's naps and that's not been working so well. I'm hoping that once everyone knows that I'm pregnant they'll be a little more willing to overlook the dust bunnies in the bedrooms!

Although I'm still fitting in pre-baby clothes (well, my work clothes anyway) my profile is very much "baby on the way" so I'm glad we'll be able to make a public announcement after the holidays...

For thanks...well...it's been a very tough year (my father has severe medical conditions that are not improving, my brother was injured in Iraq and isn't healing well, DH and I have financial problems that just don't seem to go away). But we've been blessed with a belly blob, DH was just offered a new job that will pay a bit more, my brother is alive, and DD is an absolute charmer of a toddler. I've been packing up boxes for the mamas-in-need (in the holiday helper thread) and realizing just how fortunate I am and how blessed my family is.

So there's lots to be thankful for!

·
Registered
520 Posts
I am so thankful for this pregnancy, for my toddler, my dh, and our extended families.

I am also thankful that next week starts my second trimester! YAY!!! And I love the holidays and will celebrate the second trimester starting by putting up our Christmas Tree.

Feeling a little better but also constantly having to carry a tissue around with me, I am so ready for all the excess saliva and mucus to just go away!

·
Registered
434 Posts
Well we already had Thanksgiving last month
but I'm already missing the turkey mmmm. Guess I'll have to wait until Christmas. I am so thankful for my two healthy kids. My ds (26 mths) moved into a big boy bed this weekend and slept all night last night in it! Very exciting. My dd (she is 4 I know I know) gave up her soothers this weekend. This was a very big deal for her as she usually had two around her for comfort, one to suck on and one to hold. I am so proud of her and she has done so well.

On another note I am having pink swipes on tp the past few days and I am hoping its just breakthrough spotting (almost 9 wks - right when my period would have been due) or maybe I was doing too much when we were changing furniture around. So hopefully that subsides...sigh. I think waiting and trying not to worry is the hardest part.

·
Registered
12,040 Posts
Wombat and rock dr: Have fun telling your families! It's always fun to share good news like that!

Mamato2: I've heard that spotting is common around 9 weeks. I'm not trying to scare you, but spotting around that time can also indicate that you're preg with multiples.
:

I'm really excited about Thanksgiving, it is one of my favorite holidays. We also decorate for Christmas on Thanksgiving night, so DS is really excited for that. I'm happy to be able to be with most of my family on Thanksgiving - but I do have a client due the day before so there is a chance I'll be at a birth. A birth would be an exciting way to spend a Thanksgiving too. I'm thankful for being healthy and being able to finally be pregnant again. It feels like I've waited for this forever! I'm also thankful for my friends, family, and you MDC mamas who offer so much support and information.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

·
Registered
883 Posts
Good luck to everyone waiting for the heartbeat. Seems like life went technicolor since we got ours.

The family has all heard our news now and I'm glad we don't have to try to hide it (and my expanding belly) anymore. DH is roasting a turkey and we'll bring it to his sister's house for dinner with extended family. I promised to make his favorite cookies provided the ms doesn't have me throwing up. Looks like he might get his wish as I've been free of the dreaded run to the bathroom for 3 days now. I'm still nauseous, but it's a shadow of what it used to be. THANKFUL! Also thankful for good friends, family, furry ones and that everyone's healthy.

Thanks also for the good company here. Hope it's a good week for everyone. xo

·
Registered
832 Posts
Hi, I'm new to this thread, but wanted to say hello. I just went into my 12th week this weekend, and am very excited at the prospect of a belly soon, I didn't show with ds for quite a while so I am not going to get my hopes up to much. Anyway I still feel pretty sick and tired, which frankly I am soooo sick and tired of!!
: But I am thankful that I am having a healthy pregnancy, and natural home birth with the same midwife as with ds, she is the BEST!! We already told everyone as I just can't wait on stuff like that, but we won't hear the hearbeat until around 20 weeks, we decided to not use any doppler or ultrasound this time, I trust that everything will be fine. Look forward to getting better aquainted with everyone.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Well, I just got home from my first mw appointment. Had a bit of a scare... she couldn't find the heartbeat and I was pretty sure I am just over 11 weeks, so she sent me over for an ultrasound and low and below... heartbeat, but I am according to the ultrasound only 9w4d... hmmmm. I was never positive about my dates (this was a surprise) and so it is possible that I am only 9 weeks. It would mean I got a positive test about 14 days into begin pregnant and that I felt symptoms almost immediately, but I guess these things are possible? In my gut, I still think I am farther along though as my ms is getting better. So I guess we'll have to wait until June to really see! There is a small part of me that is panicked that I am 11 weeks, but that the babe isn't growing fast enough (mw thought my uterus seemed inline with 11 weeks) but trying to not freak myself out too much. Mw and ultrasound tech seems unphased and unconcerned. I'll tell you though not hearing that wooosh wooosh was nerve wracking. As I was lying on the ultrasound table the tech said, "why did she send you over?" and I said no heartbeat and she said oh, yeah, well I think you are only 9 weeks. And I asked if she could see a heartbeat (I couldn't see the screen well and didn't think there was one) ... well when she said yup and turned the screen to show me I burst into tears. So I guess tonight I feel lucky for the health of my family present and my family yet to come! As for Thanksgiving, I'm about to tuck into some leftovers... we do one celebration with my folks the weekend before and then will be with my husband's family on Thursday. My feast awaits...
Liv

·
Registered
434 Posts
Sigh, pink spotting increased this afternoon. No cramping or anything. I know this is all still within normal but I hate the waiting game. I am tempted to ask my midwife for an ultrasound. I don't think she will offer unless I ask.

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Sigh, had my first appt today. She couldn't find the heartbeat. Uterus is still below my pubic bone. So now I'm feeling really discouraged like this isn't real or something. I'm trying to decide if I want to try and get an u/s in before Thanksgiving or if I can wait and go in next week for another hb check. I was so hoping to hear it today (10w4d), but no such luck. So today I just feel rather
:

Sending
vibes to everyone.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
That's so hard, mama! I need to schedule an appointment too. I have not heard the heartbeat yet and am feeling like I need to.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This is kind of aweful but I thought it was just sooooo funny...

My DP has been trying to go on a very healthy diet but has been very stressed over work. Last night when he came home (after a 12hr day) he was on the floor with dd and looked up at me

"I cheated on my diet" he said, looking all sad and then immediatly hanging his head.
"Thats ok honey, it happens, what did you have? Taco Bell?"
"no worse..."
"McDonalds?"
"WORSE..."
i sad "Worse? The only thing worse than that is lard right off the spoon... OOO, Cold Stone Creamery???" (which for those of you who aren't familiar is a gourmet icecream shop.)
"I COULDN'T HELP IT!!! I ate it in the shop so no one at work would see me!!! The guy talked me into upgrading to a larger size and I finished the whole thing!!!"
It was the cutest thing lol (he can be quite the food natzi) I told him not to worry about it but it did give me a good laugh!

**ALSO I made the mistake of watching Rosemarys Baby for the first time last night.... alone.... late and then had the CRAZIEST dreams about ob appointments foolish me

·
Registered
450 Posts
Ok, thanks now I want to drive the 45 min drive to go to Coldstone...mmmmm

I had a dream last night the baby was a double footling breech boy born at home into daddy's freaking out hands...my ds2 was a surprise frank breech delivery, it was the most intense labor out of the two and his labor makes me kinda dread this labor. It was SUPER short, and felt like my back was being crushed to pieces by a hammer, the dream was so vivid DH said I was whimpering and thrashing around. DH's worst nightmare is that I wait too long to go to the hospital (almost did last time b/c I wasn't sure I was in labor until I was in transition BARELY made it) So I will stop this rambleing...still sick as a dog puking TONS everyday. Anybody else puking like 12 times a day?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hi all,

Best wishes to those of you still waiting to hear heartbeats (and everyone else). My whole world changed when we heard ours last week. I have finally started to really bond to this pregnancy. We've been telling family and will share with friends over Thanksgiving. Telling people is so exciting!

I am 11 weeks 4 days today, and as of Saturday, the nausea and exhaustion have lightened noticeably. Are others feeling better? I set a goal of being well enough to enjoy Thanksgiving dinner, and I think I'll make it. Yippee!

Still don't look pregnant, although the number of pants I can comfortably wear are fewer and fewer.

-Iris

Also: The yeast infection I mentioned last week has been defeated by Monistat. The MW suggested using the 7-day version, since yeast is a lot more tenacious during pregnancy. She also suggested eating a lot of citrus as a good preventive.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Oh Letabug that sounds like awful morning sickness. Hope you are still hanging in there. Have you tried medication for it? There are other moms on here that have been that sick maybe they can chime in with some advice.

·
Premium Member
14,038 Posts
SO I had my second appointment this morning and we saw the babe!

We couldn't find the heartbeat so the doctor pulled out the u/s...and going over the tummy there was still nothing. Considering my history she did a transvag and there was the belly bean! Heartbeat was good and the little arms were waving around. Very cute. The doctor printed off a picture and my dd (19mo) kissed it. Ahhhh....if only the sibling relationship stayed that rosy!

Anyway, I now feel comfortable telling everyone at Thanksgiving. We wanted to wait till we were as sure as possible that this was going to last (my brother was injured in Iraq and while he's back in the states his condition just doesn't seem to improve the way it should, and my father is dealing with some MAJOR depression right now and having some serious side effects from the medication...he and my mom just can't cope with any more bad news right now). But yay! Good news!

And for me, I really can't wait till people know so that I can be up front and open with the whole morning sickness thing. Trying to act normal and get things done at home and at work has been a real challenge these last few months since I'm always tired, always feeling sick to my stomach, and always running o the bathroom! Now I can tell and hopefully people will realize I haven't been slacking!

Finger's crossed for everyone who's going in to hear the heartbeat and hugs to mamas who have to wait (or who choose to wait).

·
Registered
434 Posts
Sigh, bright red bleeding this morning. No cramping really but I don't have a good feeling about this. The soonest I can get in for an ultrasound to check things out is Friday. I will probably know for sure by then if it is a miscarriage or just an episode of bleeding.

·
Registered
12,040 Posts
I'm sorry mamato2, I hope the bleeding stops and I hope your appointment goes well.
Take it easy and get as much rest as you can.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.