Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 114 Posts

· Registered
1,003 Posts
Yay!!! Excellent news. That must be a huge relief.
When is your next u/s? I'm just biting at the bit to make my appt when they are back in the office tomorrow morning. Hurry up Tues!

· Registered
2,138 Posts
9weeks and a few days over here, and feeling ridiculously huge. I'll start a Sept. belly photos thread in a while, but just had to vent that I was not this big until the second tri with either of my girls, and I can't imagine what I will look like come April. Ugh.

Also: still throwing up at least three times a day, but that is down from 6, so I'm feeling alright. It's all relative at this point

· Registered
520 Posts
6 weeks 4 days over here.
This past week was the beginning of my morning sickness. Just nausea so far though, and it seems to be worse if I don't eat, but usually goes away by 11 -12. I'm still feeling lucky though

Another big accomplishment down this week! We now have a midwife and know approximately when we are doing the first appointment (early October)

All in all it has been a good week for me!

· Registered
2,138 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sew_crafty_girl View Post
Oh Ivory. I feel so bad for you. It must be so hard feeling ill with little ones to take care of
:
Thank you. Most days are do-able, though I've never been more thankful for my DH's crazy schedule (up at 3am, but home by 2pm) so that I get some mid-day help. DH has also stepped up to most of the cooking, which is great because otherwise all we would be eating would be oatmeal and toast

We have some very good friends going through very scary things right now (one family with a child with cancer, another with a surprise divorce, another losing their home due to medical bills) so it's easy to keep it into perspective, ya know? It's never healthy to start quantifying sorrow, but I know mine will pass, and that it's something good. I just want to feel better so that I can be a better support for them.

· Registered
2,089 Posts
Ivory are you getting an ultrasound? Measuring larger than dates... excessive nausea...?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dena View Post
I actually had that feeling even before getting pg this time around, and even before finding out it was twins (which in this state pretty much rules out a homebirth unless you find a midwife who doesn't care much about her license, and I am not sure I want someone like that practicing on my anyway), so yeah, I know what you mean. In my case, I just had a feeling that having an OB oversee the whole operation would be best. I had some complications at the end of my last pg and I am even older this time (I'll be 41 when these two are born) and having a practicioner look after me who is trained to see the abnormalities in a pregnancy, rather than a midwife who is trained to treat normal pregnancies, just seemed the way to go this time. Of course, now that I am having twins I don't have much choice. I am just SO glad I found an outstanding OB who is very much a natural birth advocate and whom I trust implicitly. It actually made the decision much easier.

That really makes me feel a little more confidant in my instincts. I really don't want them to feel that way, but I can't shake that gnawing feeling. I had it since I found out I was pregnant, not just after this series of dramas. If I hadn't had such a horrible initial OB experience with this one, I probably would have stayed in OB care this time around.

Just reposting this from yesterday, since it still applies today:

Quote:
I had a crazy day today. I thought I was finally experiencing my UTI symptoms - full, painful pelvis etc, so I had my husband drop me off at the ER on the way home so I could get some antibiotics.

My urine came up clean! Ugh! So then I'm like "WTF is causing this horrible burning!?" They do the doppler - & of course they can't hear the heartbeat because the baby's placenta is anterior (been down this road before), so once again I'm rushed into an emergency ultrasound (4th ultrasound in 4 weeks!!!!!!!!!!) to confirm the baby is fine - which he is, alive & kicking all over the place

Turns out I have bacterial vaginosis! I've neither had BV or a UTI EVER. This is so weird... and so... PAINFUL! Ugh!!! Anyway, then I had a mini freak out because of the related complications.

I don't remember feeling this way with my daughter (but who knows - time does that), but I have felt like this kid needs to be born in the hospital.

Has anyone ever felt that way? I was a HUGE homebirth person. I still am! I would love to birth at home - I just... I dunno. Maybe it's all the stress we've had already. This kid is T-R-O-U-B-L-E even in the womb!

to everyone I've decided tomorrow I'm going to be a homebody & relax all day. Blech.
I'm not feeling much better today - still in a lot of pain. Still feeling like there's a missing peice in this baby-puzzle, which is now fourfold with the complications BV has on pregnancy - preterm labor, 2nd trimester miscarraige etc. I dunno. Strange.

With Syd I had visions of going out into a misty feild & birthing her alone. I had this compulsion to seek an environment that would let me birth my baby the way I felt I needed to - without the hospital.

With this one all I feel is a compulsion to be in the hospital. I don't know why, but I didn't know why with Syd either. I'm not lacking confidance in my "ability" to birth - labor is totally not freaking me out. I just feel like this kid needs to be born in the hospital.

I just feel like a big bummer

· Registered
2,001 Posts
Thanks for the new thread, sew_crafty_girl! I was just about to fall asleep last night when I realized I'd forgotten to start one!

11 weeks over here. Some days are better, some aren't. I seem to have some relief from the constant nausea, but I'm throwing up more.

I'm excited because my DH thinks a homebirth is important enough that we should stretch finances a bit to make it happen! I'm sad that it means he'll be working a bit more, but it's just temporary. I hadn't realized how disappointed I was to be doing a birth center birth until I let myself think about the possibility of a homebirth. Now I'm just so excited and relieved!

My 2 year old DD met a 7 year old at the park today. After asking her name, she asked where the girl was born. "England," the girl replied. I prompted DD to tell the girl where she was born -- "On Mommy and Daddy's bed!", DD replied.

DD seems really excited about the homebirth. She's talking about it a lot -- how the midwife will come to check out Mommy and the baby, how Mommy will have the baby on the bed, how Nana and Pop-pop will come over for her. I've ordered a book about homebirth for her, but even just looking at one of the illustrations from it seems to have really stuck with her. She's so adorable about it!

· Registered
5,771 Posts
Feeling really blech this weekend. I've been done done by 10am, and comatose by 11am. Taking lots of naps and hoping beyond hope that my exhaustion clears by Yom Kippur. Why is it that I'm in my first trimester for the second time during Yom Kippur??? It's agony because it doesn't even get me out of fasting.
:

Carley, follow your instincts. If you're feeling "hospital" with this one, do yourself a favor and avoid a possible transfer. A nice hospital birth can be great, too.

Our kitchen is in and beautiful!
: I was a drilling machine, putting on all the door hardware and installing and all that. Probably another reason I'm so exhausted.

It also got cold here, which is weird. It allowed me, though, to pretend that I was sick and that whatever I "had" was what was causing me to be exhausted and nauseous and not hungry. My MIL is convinced that change in weather can cause stuff like that, so I'm taking advantage.

Anyone else not told anyone?? I know there are people way further along than I am, but we're hoping to wait until 12 weeks. I am, however, not fitting into my clothes and at about where I was at 4-5mo with DS. I've also already gained about 5lbs at 6w 5d.

· Registered
4,192 Posts
Ugh, was feeling pretty good most of the weekend (with a few short "omg, i just want to puke" spells), but feeling pretty crappy right now.

I still haven't puked, but I've had some close calls, for sure. I gagged and burped at the same time while I was brushing my teeth this morning- that was an interesting feeling.

· Registered
295 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by smeisnotapirate View Post
Anyone else not told anyone?? I know there are people way further along than I am, but we're hoping to wait until 12 weeks. I am, however, not fitting into my clothes and at about where I was at 4-5mo with DS. I've also already gained about 5lbs at 6w 5d.
I'm 7w 6d, and we haven't told anyone. My first appointment is on Friday (FINALLY!), and if everything is cool then we will tell our parents and my grandmothers, and that's it. We won't be telling others until after the first trimester is over. Although, I have gained about 4 lbs so far, so I'm hoping that no one guesses before we spill the beans!

The bloating and the gas have really kicked in at this point. Dinner is not an option because by the time it rolls around, I am so bloated that I can't fit anything else in there (including food!) I'm having slight mid-day nausea, which is manageable, and today for the first time since I got pregnant I did not have debilitating exhaustion. Don't get me wrong, I'm tired, but at least I managed to keep my eyes open today! Thank goodness for small victories!

I had today off, so let's hope that tomorrow goes well once I'm back at work.

· Registered
4,596 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by jenfl View Post
I've ordered a book about homebirth for her, but even just looking at one of the illustrations from it seems to have really stuck with her. She's so adorable about it!
What is the book? I've got a 2 1/2 and 3yo that I'd like to prepare for the homebirth.

Carley, if you're feeling hospital with this baby, look in to it. I had a great hospital birth with DS, all on my own terms, with a wonderfully supportive midwife. Trust your instincts, mama.

I spent the weekend cleaning my parent's house. When I was there a couple weeks ago with the kids to help my mom with a project, I found set mouse traps behind stacks of books and boxes in the hallway and living room. Not to be all selfish, but seriously? My kids play in that house. One of them would try to pick one up and lose a finger. So, my sister arranged for them to spend the long weekend at a hotel in Philly, and my brother and I got to work on the house. It was just awful and made me so sad.

Today was marvelous and spent running errands and relaxing with my fam. We just had dinner (ziti with meatballs and garlic toast) and for the first time in the last week or so I don't feel nauseated after eating.
:

· Premium Member
1,595 Posts
I posted about this in my other thread, but some stabby pain sent me to the ER today, where I had an ultrasound that confirmed that a) everything was fine and b) the baby is totally spot-on for dates. Probably no more scans for me. We still don't know what caused the pain, but all the tests we can do safely point to normal, so we're treating it with tylenol and hoping for the best.

Someone outed me at work, so now everyone there knows. I was hoping to hold off on telling work until MUCH later, but it seems that the universe had other plans. Oh, well. My trip to the ER today got me out of work tonight, so that's good. Going to bed early before I start school tomorrow. I also work tomorrow night, so it's gonna be a long day.

· Registered
764 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by smeisnotapirate View Post
Anyone else not told anyone?? I know there are people way further along than I am, but we're hoping to wait until 12 weeks.
We haven't told anyone either. I'm hoping to wait to tell our family until the 2nd trimester. I probably would have gone ahead and told my family in the next week or two, but we didn't want to tell them and not tell my MIL. My FIL passed away suddenly and unexpectedly this summer and we don't want to announce and then have something happen.

I would also really like to know the name of the homebirth book you bought, jenfl. I'd like to get something for DS to help get him ready.

I'm still exhausted. I got up with DS this morning at 8 and was ready for a nap by 10.

· Registered
7,914 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by aylaanne View Post
I posted about this in my other thread, but some stabby pain sent me to the ER today, where I had an ultrasound that confirmed that a) everything was fine and b) the baby is totally spot-on for dates.
Good to hear, I've been wondering how you were doing! I was having some sharp pain on my left side, but I've already had an u/s so I know for sure it's not another ectopic, plus I lost fertility on that side, anyway! I think it's adhesions from my 2 c/s, when they did my ectopic surgery they said I had a lot of thick adhesions.

Anyway, I'm 9w3d and feeling okay. Frustrated about weight gain already! I have a horrible metabolism, to lose weight I have to restrict myself to 1500 calories a day and work out at least three times a week. Probably should have skipped IHOP for dinner
I had a huge omelet, pumpkin pancakes, and hash browns! OMG!

· Registered
5,771 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeannabna View Post
smeisnotapirate- I was looking at my ddc from DD (may 2008) and noticed not only were you in there with me, but you had your baby one day before me, thats kinda neat!

I was totally thinking about your screen name the other day, but was too lazy to look it up myself.

· Registered
3,293 Posts
7w1d, and actually feeling surprisingly good, considering the twins and all. Although I pretty much just slept and ate this weekend. The big activity was an outing to Office Depot to get dh a new computer, because his finally bit the dust for good. The thing is less than two years old too. LAST time we are buying an HP - that the the second time (over 15 years) we have had bad luck with one. Still eating round the clock, most nights. I pay for it if I don't with increased nausea the next day, so I kind of force myself to get up and eat when I get up to pee in the middle of the night. Last night it was a whole plate of nachos and then cinnamon sugar toast and a glass of milk. First time I have actually felt full in days...

Oh, I made a yummy snack today - cottage cheese mixed with walnuts and raisins. Mmmmm. I am going to try some cinnamon in it next time! And no cooking odors!

Aylaanne, I am SO happy to hear that everything is good with the baby! I hope the pain goes away soon!

Carley, I am with everyone else, trust your instincts! You can probably get some recs. for a good OB if you want from the Washington/Oregon board. Also, I saw Dr. Frank Jung for my last birth and he was outstanding. Their office may have someone in the Seattle area to recommend for you, and I would def. trust anyone they would send you to.

Sehbub, I'm sorry you had to go through that with your parents. I have been taking on more and more responsibility with my mom over the last five years as she has been battling ovarian cancer. It is heartbreaking sometimes to see her weakening, both from the disease and from age.

Ok, I am craving fried food. Not that I have any in the house. Hmmm... what to do, what to do...

1 - 20 of 114 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.