Mothering Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi y'all. i bought a weeping pussy willow- my god this thing is gorgeous! i try to stick to getting just native plants, and being ecological and all, but i couldnot resist this temptation...wow. anyways. i am now playing around with where Exactly i should plant it. i hearthat willows are notorious for messing up pipes and such...in search of water. we have a fairly wet back yard, and i am thinking of putting it in the back. but is this unreasonable? am i going to hear my MIL cluck cluck at me when she sees it planted in the back near some kind of drain thing? i have to admit i don't even really understand the drain thing, but a neighbor told me it was put it to help keep the yard from getting totally swampy. i have to go ask this guy more (as much as i hate to b/c he is kind of a know it all about stuff...well i guess i this case i will have to concede to him on it!) Likei am thinking it is a big pipe that runs under my yard...anyways. i digress. i would like to know if anyone has any stories about the dangers/problmes of an improperly places willow tree. this one is small and is said to grow only 6' tall and 6' wide...unlike my grandma's regular weeping willow which must have been 100 feet tall only 30 years after she planted it as a little stick in the backyard!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts