Mothering Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am bf'ing twins (now 1 month old) and we had a rough start in the beginning bc of a horrible delivery/recovery. Anyways, their weight gain has been SOOOO slow. At almost 3 weeks old, they still were not back up to birthweight (6 lbs, 15 oz and 7 lbs, 12 oz). We just had another weight check and they are finally starting to gain somewhat, but pedi is still concerned (mostly about the smaller twin). The little one gained 8 oz in 13 days while the bigger one gained 12 oz in 13 days. I just don't get what is going on here, since my son gained over a lb a week bf'ing for the first few months. Babies are nursing ALL the time (every 2 hours during the day for 40 min-1 hour/every 3 hours at night) Both babies spit up a ton, so I don't know if that has anything to do with their weight gain. I am just starting to get a complex over it all bc EVERYONE is asking me if the babies are growing at all since they still look so tiny-I kinda feel like I am failing. Anyways, just looking for anyone else's experiences/advice. Thanks.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts