Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
2,016 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ColesMom
This isn't really a "weight loss diet", more of a lifestyle - eating basically no fat and no animal products. This in conjunction with moderate exercise daily for 40 minutes or more = dropping unnecessary weight, but that's not the purpose - the purpose is to live more healthfully, which I guess does include not being overweight.

It's all set out in books by Dr. McDougal - one that IS focussed on weight loss is :McDougal's Plan for Maximum Weight Loss.
I second this. When I switched to this way of eating I went from a size 20 to a size 14, while eating all I want, whenever I want.

· Premium Member
2,016 Posts
Originally posted by bebe luna
I don't mean to criticize, but "eating virtually no fat" really isn't all that healthy.

I would have to disagree. I am at the healthiest point I have ever reached! I am rarely ill, even when others around me are. My skin glows, my hair is healthy, my nails grow like crazy... and I feel wonderful! I get about 15% of my calories from fat. Dean Ornish and Dr. Macdougall have books that call for the same kind of diet, though Ornish does have some low fat/ fat free dairy. You can reverse heart disease, help your aching joints, keep your blood sugar under control and dramatically lower your blood pressure, among other things, by eating very little fat and eating a lot of whole grains, beans, and veggies!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.