Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Prior to becoming pregnant, I had lost about 25 pounds through a very sensible and healthy eating plan and good daily exercise.

I would like to continue to loose weight and eventually obtain my goal, but am not sure how to go about it with out affecting my milk supply.

I don't plan on begining a real work out schedule for another month or so (my son is 2 weeks old) and right now just take the kids on a walk when the weather permits.

As far as eating goes, how many calories do I need to maintain my milk supply? Before I was eating around 1200 calories a day, more obviously while pregnant.

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
I have read to up your calorie intake by 500 (from the amount you were eatting before you were pregnant) while nursing and to contiune that untill no longer nursing. I don't count calories so I can't say how much I eat but it has to be way more than 1700 a day.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Most women need to be eating a minimum of 1800 calories while nursing if not more. Exercise is fine while nursing.

I was back at my workouts within weeks of delivery. So if you were doing it while pregnant you should be fine.

At 4 months I was back at the firehouse, fighting fires. Pumping at work and nursing on demand at home

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.