Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 19 month old son has SID and sleeps under a weighted blanket. However, with it being summer, the flannely-cotton cover on it is too warm and makes him sweat (even when he's not wearing clothes), and of course, his diaper leaked big time one day, causing the inner layer of beans to get soaked.

So, I need an idea for a cooler cover, and waterproofing the inner layer. Would a lanolized cover made of wool jersey or other thin soft wool be ok? He has wool diaper covers and he does fine with those... I would try something with pul, but I'm kind of a little worried about him being wrapped in polyester/polyeurothane 9 hours a night... So, would wool work? Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone?

·
Registered
3,954 Posts
i vote for wool.

i am going to use 2 old receiving blankets for purposes of saving $, but ds i a sweathog too, so if the weights inside (havent decided what to use yet...i saw one for sale that used tiny river rocks, and then saw some aquarium substrate that looked similiar. this would maybe be better than rice or beans, no?) get wet and nasty, i'll try the wool.

thanks for the great idea!

·
Registered
7,813 Posts
For the beans i'm surprised someone used them since they cant get wet unless you want a living blanket
Anyway, most i've seen are using plastic pellets used in dolls which are washable but I don't know about going in the dryer. I found them here on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ayphotohosting so you can see the package but you can find them in most craft stores but there cheapest at wal-mart
:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts