Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know my uterus is supposed to be the size of a softball at this point, and the baby has just gotten fully formed and started to move with purpose, not just reactive I think.<br><br>
Anyway, I have been feeling movement for a little while. I'm on baby #4, so I am pretty attuned to what it feels like I guess.<br><br>
It started way low. I now feel it several times per day, sometimes high and sometimes low. Sometimes high and then within a couple of minutes it's low or vice versa. It seems distinctly baby and not gas or muscle spasms. It's a little tap tap tapping.<br><br>
My question is, can the baby really move this far at this early stage in gestation? Or should I be thinking twins? Or just that I am really not feeling the baby in both places?<br><br>
We haven't tried to hear the heartbeat yet, haven't been measured or palpated, and won't get an ultrasound until after 20 weeks. So it's all an unknown.

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
I think it is possible for the babe to move like that at 13 weeks. I know I felt a complete somersault with this one (3rd babe) at 14 weeks. I also thought this one might be twins b/c of the odd timing and plavements of movements, but there is only one in there!

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My main thing is whether it could be the babe so high and so low. They must really toss themselves around in all that space!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts