Mothering Forum banner

Weird bumpy line on uterus?

925 Views 9 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  GoBecGo
This is bugging me cause I can't figure out what it is. Maybe I am nuts, and maybe it is something simple-lol... My uterus is above my belly button, but a few inches. Right around my belly button area, there is a raised area. It is not my skin. The location goes up and down when I inhale/exhale, have a braxton hicks ctx, etc, So i am assuming it is on the outside of my uterus? It is a horizontal line about an inch long. It feel raised and bumpy, almost like a really deep scar. Its not the baby, cause it is always there. I have felt it there for a while, and at first i thought it was just some organs getting squished up by my uterus, and sort of folding and making a little crease... Do I sound crazy? Does anyone know what this is? It is not painful to the touch, but pressing into it feels kind of twingy (on the inside)
See less See more
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
If you're vomiting/retching/coughing/sneezing a lot it could be a small hernia. Nothing to worry about, just a bit uncomfortable. They're pretty common in HG patients.

Could also be the top of your uterus, yeah. Or some other organ that got pushed up
See less See more
I'm not sure if this is what you are describing... but does this sound like it?

http://www.befitmom.com/abdominal_separation.html
Quote:

Originally Posted by Talula Fairie View Post
If you're vomiting/retching/coughing/sneezing a lot it could be a small hernia. Nothing to worry about, just a bit uncomfortable. They're pretty common in HG patients.

Could also be the top of your uterus, yeah. Or some other organ that got pushed up

oh good thoughts... hernia is possible.
See less See more
Quote:

Originally Posted by HennyPenny View Post
oh good thoughts... hernia is possible.
Could easily be something else too, but it's the first thing I thought of since I got one during this pregnancy. Gotta love hyperemesis.
See less See more
Would a hernia be that narrow though? Like a piece of yarn??? What is wierd is that I am almost positive that it was there before the uterus took over the space. I dont think this is the abdominal separation, just cause it is horizontal... It is just wierd, and it is only bugging me cause I just have no idea what it is-lol. And I havent been coughing, throwing up, or anything like that...Ugh...
Oh, and If I can feel my uterus above this spot, then it can't quite be an organ, right?
I don't know what it could be for sure, really. Have you tried asking Dr. Google (lol).
you should ask in the birth professionals forum, I bet someone would be able to give you some ideas very quickly.

oops, I dind't realize it was horizontal... yeah that wouldn't be D.R.

(TF- yeah I have HG in pregnancy too. ugh!! it's awful!)
Shot in the dark....could it be the remains of the internal structures of the umbilicus from when YOU were a foetus? I was too chunky to feel anything that wasn't a big foot or knee or whatever through my belly, but i do know a few skinnier women who could feel all kinds of internal structure when they were pregnant.

Google median umbilical ligament and have a look around that topic to see if you see anything in roughly the right place.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.