Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm so frustrated i'm hoping someone here can help, offer advice, words of wisdom, anything.

Here's my problem:
July 2004 went off the pill after 7 years
Had one long cycle (40 days) immediately when going off.
then 6 normal, picture perfect 28 day cycles
Then my body went CRAZY!
Now i have a 5 day period, ovulate around day 13 or 14, then will begin to spot on day 17 or 18, will continue to spot until day 28 then have a 5 day period.
I went to the dr. in August, physically everything is normal, no polyps, good pap, everything normal.
i know it has to be hormonal. In August, i used progesterone (dr. prescribed dosage) and vitex. and had a normal cycle.
Since then i've been doing the same things (prog. & vitex), but have gone back to spotting for 11 to 12 days continuously.

I know that it is most likely i have extremely low progesterone. But why did it work one month and not the next? The couple of blood tests i've had have been normal.

Any ideas, thoughts, advice?

I did also post this on Infertility, just hoping maybe someone here can help.

Thanks for anything you can give me.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
This does sound like low progesterone. What progesterone are you taking? If it's from a compounded pharmacy or is Prometrium, it should effectively solve your problem (though you need your progesterone levels monitored to make sure your dosage remains correct). If it's Provera or another synthetic progestin, it may be clogging your progesterone receptors without solving the problem. I've dealt with lots of hormone issues myself and have researched them in depth, so feel free to email me if you have questions.

·
Premium Member
5,038 Posts
Have you considered trying acupuncture? Supplementing with progesterone may treat your symptoms, but fails to address the root cause of why you have low progesterone. Since you've already seen what medical drugs can do to your system, maybe it's time to try a more natural approach?

Lex

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.