Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the last 10 years (I just turned 34) I have had a combo of irregular cycles and then 45 day cycles.....I won't have a cycle for a few months, then I'll have 3 in a row and they'll be exactly 45 days. Clockwork.

The past 14 months, they have been pretty regular.....every 45 days...clockwork...

UNTIL....

The past 3 months, they have been every 18 days. Clockwork. Moderatly heavy and I'm usually a 2 day girl, very light.....

I don't chart bc I don't keep up with it enough. I thought it may be bleeding with ovulation but it's a full cycle.....3-4 days.....and no EWCM....

I can't get in to see my CPM until early June........bc I need an evening appt.

NO history of cysts, painful periods. I get them and they go. NO pms, no cramps......
:

Any ideas????

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Yeah, that is wonky. I've had a couple of 18-20 day cycles recently, but I am almost 40 and have gone through chemotherapy, so it makes sense that my cycles would be getting weird. You're only 34, though. Still...it could be your body and hormone levels shifting as you get older...might not necessarily mean it's a problem. I would suspect that during the months that you weren't having a cycle, it was actually one long cycle in which you ovulated on, say, day 90 or something. Then you'd have a really light, 2-day period (if I read you right) - which could indicate that your endometrial lining wasn't building up quite enough. Now, your cycles are shortening and have been more regular, and your periods are heavier - this could be a good sign! Maybe you're ovulating sooner and more regularly and you're building up a nice cushy lining every time. That would be a good thing, from a fertility perspective. 18 days is a little short, and the only thing to be concerned about is whether your luteal phase is long enough (should be at least 10 days, preferably 12-15) to support implantation. If I were you I would definitely chart - that would give you lots of information about what's going on. And by the time you get to your CPM you could have 2 cycles to show her.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.