Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I am 28 weeks pregnant. This entire pregnant my discharge has been really weird - there is a lot of it, it is thick, yellow (not white/clear) and it smells weird - not fishy, but there is definatley a small, sometimes I worry someone else can even smell it.

I have been concerned the entire time and was told I had a yeast infection (never had one before but I took the cream, it didn't clear up the problem I described above) and was also prescribed metro-gel (antibiotic vaginally) in case I had a borderline infection. I have had 3 or 4 vaginal cultures which have tested negative in everything including STDs.

My doctors are saying your ph is different in pregnancy, that's all. This is my 2nd pregnancy and my discharge was nothing like this the first time.

Anyone else ever experience this? TIA

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
if it makes you feel any better, i am 16 weeks pregnant and have the same thing. especially the paranoia that other people can smell me, even though i stay really clean. it doesnt seem to make a difference. i havent' brought it up to my midwife....i haven't worried about it in a medical sense i guess, more in a, "am i normal? am i abnormally gooey? am i smelly?" sort of way.

sorry for the TMI.

:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.