Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone care to share their strange pregnancy dreams??

I had a wild one last night: I had to go to the hospital because I was in a minor car accident, I was fine but while I was there I went to the bathroom and delivered the baby (no labor and no pain - yee haw!), anyways it was a beautiful baby girl! She actually looked to be Chinese... which is odd because neither me nor DH are Chinese or from anywhere in the Orient for that matter :LOL

Anyways the doctor comes in though and is like "Oh, I'm sorry but it's too early for her to come out yet - we are going to have to put her back in." I was like "No! She looks fine though! Let her stay, please!" and he was like "No, I'm sorry - she needs a few more weeks before she can come out." So they put her back in (again, totally painless) and I just cried and cried because I missed her and wanted to cuddle her but had to wait another 4 weeks before she could be delivered.

What's wild is that DH had a similar dream when I was pregnant with our 2 year old - but in his dream he told the doctor that he wanted to know the sex, the doctor pulled the baby out - looked and said "It's a boy" and put him back in! :LOL I told DH he was clairvoyent when we ended up having a boy, wonder if this one will be a girl??

Kitty

·
Registered
276 Posts
My dreams have been HORRIBLE, nothing I coudld post without feeling like I ruined everyones day. Only one was about the baby, and like you it was premature delivery painless, but in bed while I was sleeping!! After holding her and talking to her for a while she ...well it was gory. ANyway I woke up screaming and hubby freaked out. Other than that one all my dreams have been not about the baby but equally as frightening. I'm talking if I could remember them all in detail I would have a Stephen King novel or 2 on my hands. I am normally a very vivid dreamer, but these with this pregnancy have been far out even for me.

**for those who might think ESP or that kind of thing are possible...: A few weeks ago I had a nightmare about this animal, huge bear/dog/gorrilla type thing. Now hubby is reading Dark Tower Series by Stephen King, I have never read them nor had any convos with DH about them. But as I was describing the dream to him in the AM his eys are huge around and his mouth hanging open. He says are you reading those books I am reading? I say no. He says you just EXACTLY described the monster in my book series. We were way freaked out. LOL....who knows! Maybe he was talking in his sleep and I was dreaming what he was talking about! I like that alternative better than mind reading!!!

Anyway needless to say...I've been having some weird preggo dreams too!!

Jennie
Middle Mamma

·
Registered
246 Posts
I posted my latest strange dream in the weekly chat thread earlier this week. I've always had vivid dreams and usually remember them enough to write them down or talk about them.

This pregnancy, I dreamt that I gave birth to a baby boy. As they were placing him on my chest, I realized that it wasn't my baby but one of my best friends, so I had to give him to her. I wasn't upset about this, just happy for her. She gave birth to a boy this past September.

I also dreamt that I ended up taking a baby from a woman who kept putting it in the car seat upside down. When I tried to show her how to do it right, she then kept dumping buckets of water on it, so I took it home with me instead. That one was a girl.

I dreamt that I had a baby boy named Matthew (not one of the names we're considering). I put the baby on my ds's lap for him to hold, and the baby turned into an adorable little black and white kitten. My ds was so excited to have a cat!

Whacky! Be well. susan

·
Registered
8,530 Posts
OK middlemama, that ESP story is so fascinating and freaky at the same time! Wow.

Here's my first full-length dream about the baby...

Baby was born premature at the same point in gestation when dd and ds were born (2 mos. early). It was a beautiful baby girl, and even though she was little, she breathed fine and seemed fine. I was in a hospital but I was just kind of dumbstruck by her. So then it got weird.. I tried to nurse her, but she wouldn't nurse and so I was asking around the maternity ward to see if anyone had any crackers I could give her. I was worried my milk wasn't coming in because she wasn't interested in nursing, only the crackers. Then dh almost dropped her while he was holding her and I was angrier at him than I've ever been in real life. Then the time came for me to go home, and I was told I couldn't take her with me and I woke up suddenly, and heartbroken.

It was bizarre and troublesome, but at the same time, the fundamental elements, that she was healthy and okay were reassuring. And this is the first real dream I've had where it's a girl. I've sensed I'm having a girl from almost the get go, but this is the first time I've had such a clear dream about it.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I haven't had many dreams that I can remember through this PG. With PG 1 I had lots.... I did dream that I had a little girl (don't know the details) the night before we had the 20 week ultrasound. It was odd though, because DH and I were leaning toward a boy this time so it wasn't one of those wishful thinking dreams. It was like she gave me a sneak peek the night before we found out.

I did have a scarey dream last night. I dreamed that Sofia (who looked to be about 15 months old) had a febrile seizure. I knew it was her because she looked similar to Chloe, but it wasn't Chloe. BTW, Chloe had a febrile seizure when she was about that age. It was a very terrifying experince. Since then, she has had two episodes that she almost seized. (Her lips turned blue, eyes fixed and looking far away and her body was totally limp) due to a spike in her fever. I really hope we don't have to go through that with Sofia though. Chloe and Sofia do have a genetic tendancy to have febrile seizures due to DH having a couple when he was a toddler. Luckily, children grow out of them by age 4 so it's not a life long thing. It may only happen once or maybe more.

Anyway, I woke up crying and very tense. I'd love to have a normal beautiful dream about my Sofia.

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
With all my other pregnancies, I would have reoccurring dreams about having multiple babies (like 10 or more, one right after the other) and just leaving them where they happened to be born - on the stairs, in the toilet, out on the sidewalk, wherever! And then there would be my mom, running after me with all these babies of mine she had collected while chasing me, yelling "You need to take care of these! They need to nurse! They're getting cold!" It was always very disturbing to wake up from one of these dreams, as I can't for the life of me figure out where they were coming from, yk? I don't leave my kids anywhere or with anyone for the first 18 months or so!

But I haven't had that dream this time. Instead, I had one pre-conception dream of a dark-haired baby girl, born breech at the edge of my bed, and we named her Ruth. (I don't really like the name Ruth - I had a boss named Ruth that drove me nuts!) And then Ruth made another appearance, breech again, just about a month ago.
Not sure what to make of that. I'm not looking forward to birthing a breech baby - the thought scares the crap out of me, quite frankly! But we do think it's a girl, and have agreed not to name the baby until after the birth, when we have time to figure out just who this little person really is. Maybe she *is* Ruth? I'd definitely consider Ruth for a middle name.
I normally don't have such vivid, specific dreams, so this is definitely wierd for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.