Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been having this weird hip pain (as made evident by the title of the thread). At first I thought I was just having a doozy of an ovulation, but it has been 5 or 6 days now.

It only hurts at night, and it hurts on the very lower right part of my back, over my hip bone, and down in the front where my appendix used to be. I'd describe it as a dull ache mixed with occasional crampy feelings. Some nights I just need to roll over or shift positions and I'm fine, other times it keeps me awake or wakes me early. After I get up, it goes away.

I have no idea what the heck is going on.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
I get this too, on my left side. Usually the dull achey feeling goes down to my knee as well. Sometimes I have to lay on a heating pad in order to fall asleep. It does get much better after a Chiropractic adjustment (I go 3x a week) but has come back from time to time. It's really irritating, I know. I've come to the conclusion that it's actually coming from my back, but I can feel it straight throug from my tummy/hip into my back just above my hip, and it does feel identical to exaggerated ovulation pain, or one sided cramps. All I can really recommend is a heating pad and a good Chiropractor, if you aren't already seeing one.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey thanks! I'll try that, I actually lay there this morning thinking about a heating pad. I'll have to find mine. I haven't been to the chiro in a while, but I think I'll wait until our insurance changes in January so I can just go without seeing my PCP first.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.