Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope this is the right place to post this.

Does anyone know if it's possible to have genital plastic surgery while pregnant? I was going to have it done before, but never seemed to find the chance.

The reason I ask is that I had a really bad accident as a young child and, for lack of a better description, stretched out some skin just above my urethra into about a 1 1/2 inch..dangly bit. Actually, until I had a catheter with ds1, I thought I had stretched out the urethra itself, but the nurse said no, that was fine. Anyway, that extra bit of skin is hugely annoying & frequently causes pain. It was especially bad while pregnant & giving birth to ds2. And the older I get, the more troublesome it is.

I want it gone so much that I even have considered tying it off like a skin tag, but there are nerve endings & blood vessels in it (unlike a skin tag) and I dread to think how horrible that would be. It might be worth it if it would guarantee having it *gone* by the time this baby comes.

I'm hoping that the procedure to get rid of it would just be a local injection, a snip (it's probably not even a 1/2 inch around) & making sure there aren't any blood vessels left open. I'm just a little concerned because I know the genitals get a lot more blood in them while pregnant & I don't know if it would be possible to get anyone to cut something off in that area during pregnancy. Anyone have any ideas?

· Registered
4,257 Posts
are you thinking like when you deliver? Just having the doc snip & stitch it? I'd ask I mean you are going to be sore anyway..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.