Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ladies. I haven't really been on here much this pregnancy, and just like to browse around when I am, but I had a question to see if anyone else has experienced the same thing. Early in my pregnancy I noticed little heart flutters (I guess most people say it feels like your heart skips a beat) several times/day. I mentioned it to my midwife and she said it's perfectly normal as your body adjusts to the increased amount of blood. But just over the last day, I noticed I'll get a tightening in my uterus (slightly painful, but only in the lower half) and my heart will start racing for a few minutes...like I can't even count fast enough to figure out my heart rate :\ It is seriously RACING! It only lasts a few minutes and then goes away, has only happened a few times over the last day and a half, and doesn't seem sparked by anything (I was laying down, half asleep for 2 of them). Has anyone else experienced this? I've tried to look it up, but am only finding general information about an increased heart rate when pregnant and info about the heart flutter, which both are normal. This is definitely not either of those :\ and I'm even more confused since it's accompanied by contractions (if that's what they are...?).

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Maybe an arrythmia? But aren't the little heart flutters considered an arrythmia too? If it's just another type of arrythmia, maybe it's not concerning at all :\

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
I have had pg when it's an issue, make sure you are taking calcium and magnesium and are hydrated, if it's still happening it's worth mentioning again. You can get pregnancy-related heart stuff going on, and some of it can become serious. I don't freak out as a general rule (heh), but I would mention it if you are worried, and it continues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts