Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just went for my ultrasound (I'm 22 weeks)- and had a freaky experience. well they were looking at the baby saying everything was normal, it's a boy (yay! now I can officially say NO to Circ!) and everything looked good- then the technician was like "ok we need to look at your cervix too" and they put the ultrasound device on my crotch (not inside or anything) and all of a sudden she's like "it looks a little short" and I'm thinking "no big deal right?" and she's like you may need to be hospitalized,etc and I had to see the Dr. in the practice- thank god when he actually examined me and looked he said my cervix looks great- closed and thick like it should be! Thank God!!!! I went from having a nervous breakdown to dropping to my knees in exhileration! I still cannot get over the shock of it all. I am sort of having this weird problem of getting back to having total faith in my body- I mean I had always just had total faith in my body thinking "hey I'm 20, eat right, no health problems, lots of praying, meditating, etc" and now I'm like "what if there is something wrong???!!! I know that what happened was just a glitch in the machine or a bad angle or what not but I went from thinking "dear god I'm not going to be able to have sex for 4 months, I will be in the hospital for a week or more, etc" to "everything is ok". I was just wondering if anything like this has ever happened to anyone else. Hopefully I will recover full faith in my body soon if I just keep telling myself it was a false alarm.<br>
;-) I just had to vent about this crazy experience!

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! It gives me a strong feeling of faith and it makes me really not take my health for granted!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts