Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>I was laying in bed on my back the other night and I stretched really big and felt the strangest sensation in my stomach. It felt like somebody poked me really hard, just below my ribs, about two inches left of center. It didn't hurt, but it was ODD. I haven't had any weird feelings or contractions or anything since then, so I'm not worried, but I'm curious as to what it was. My thought was that it was an adhesion popping, but it seemed to be a good bit higher than my uterus, certainly nowhere near my C-section scar (though I may have endometriosis, so I could have more adhesions in my abdomen).</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Any ideas?</p>

·
Registered
673 Posts
<p>Mandy- I'm so glad you posted this- it makes me feel less weird :lol</p>
<p>Over the past few weeks, I've had the same thing you are describing happen to me a few times. I described it tonight to someone as "being suddenly stabbed with spoon from the inside". For me, it happens only on the right side and only when I'm rotating my upper body (like to look over my shoulder or something). It is ODD and I've not experienced it in previous pregnancies.</p>
<p>I think your guess is right about what it is- adhesions breaking up. That's what I figured as well, bc I do have endometriosis and tons of adhesions.</p>
<p>If you had adhesions from your c/s, they wouldn't necessarily be in the same place as your scar- bc a c/s is abdominal surgery and they cut more than just your uterus, the adhesions can form in any place that was disturbed (and, if you do have endo in plenty of places just for fun :p)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm out on prayer and a limb here, but I'm hoping mine breaking is a good thing bc it might result in them not regrowing and not hurting me anymore :)</p>

·
Registered
10,706 Posts
<p>Well, this is weird!!  I just posted something similar in the general pregnancy forum.  I've been having sharp-ish pains about 1-2" to the right of my belly button for about a week now.  As far as I know I have no adhesions - no uterine issues and no surgeries.  </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Here is my thread if you want to add of check if anyone has any ideas:  </p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href="http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1281822/sharp-ish-achey-pain-near-the-top-of-the-uterus-at-20-weeks#post_16074026">http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1281822/sharp-ish-achey-pain-near-the-top-of-the-uterus-at-20-weeks#post_16074026</a></p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts