Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>My cycles have been fairly regular (28 days =/- half a day, yes, my hubby notes the onset hour). Typically, my breasts get sore 6-5 days pre flow start.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>This time also, I had that soreness 6 days pre flow and then it went away. All was seemingly silent. Then, 4 days post flow date, I got some red blood and was atypical of flow. GYN thought it might be implantation bleeding (but that late?). Anyway, the "flow" was minimal for about the first 2 days (minimal pad changing needed).</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Then, yesterday (day 5 after first spot was noticed) I got what could be described as flow but still bright red with pieces (as I have seen before in actual flow situations). My AF usually lasts 5 days.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Day 3 of this unusual "flow" for me, the GYN did a blood test for HCG and I did the ept at home. The ept was negative and for some inexplicable reason, the lab results have not come in yet. The ept at home was negative.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>So, this unusual flow and its characteristics and 4 day delay in onset is getting us all freaked out. I am not any meds except for supplements - Folic acid only.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Through all this, my cramping pattern too has been different. More focused pain as opposed to all around my torso pain during regular AF. My breasts have been sore for sometime but same size.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Can anyone make any sense of all this? Your feedback is much appreciated. Cheers</p>

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
<p>mother nature likes to throw in those wierd cycles just to keep life interesting. Could be a cyst interfering with the "norm" or any stress or environmental factors. If your HPT was negative, I don't think it would be hidden pregnancy (although it is possible but rare I'd say). If you were due for AF an hpt would usually show something.</p>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts