Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it looks like we have another girl (hoorah) but I'm concerned because it looks like there is a wrinkle (shows up white) over the baby's nose between the eyes. It's more pronounced in some pictures but nothing shows up on the profile. Is that normal? The tech did not say anything about it but then, she was friendly and cheerful and didn't give a lot of results at all. I didn't think anything of it until my mom saw it. Anyone hear of this?

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by EdnaMarie View Post
Well, it looks like we have another girl (hoorah) but I'm concerned because it looks like there is a wrinkle (shows up white) over the baby's nose between the eyes. It's more pronounced in some pictures but nothing shows up on the profile. Is that normal? The tech did not say anything about it but then, she was friendly and cheerful and didn't give a lot of results at all. I didn't think anything of it until my mom saw it. Anyone hear of this?
It's probably just a shadow. Or she has a little snub nose.
If the tech didn't say there was a problem, there usually isn't anything to worry about. Post a pic, and we'll take a look!

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought it might be because the nose is pushed up against the womb by the ultrasound thingy, making it snub. I don't want to post the picture for personal reasons but I appreciate the offer!

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Was it the 3D pics or the 2D? My 3D ones have weird traces of things over them and I asked the u/s tech what they were and she said that in order to get the pic she had to digitally remove the placenta, so it's a little placenta image that the computer didn't remove.

Otherwise, it might just be squishy baby face
. But like MI_Dawn said, post a pic!

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
I agree with pp that they would have mentioned it if it was anything of concern, but it never hurts to run it by the OB or MW office and ask!

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They were just regular 2D ultrasound pics, I'm afraid of the 3D
: Not that my first didn't have five (when we got two for the sex we didn't know there would be three more for medical reasons!) but anyway. I will ask the midwife when she gets back about the results.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.