Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I guess our thread got started! Join me April 2007 mamas!

I just got my BFP yesterday, and that makes my EDB around April 4th. I am excited to be here, as I have been waiting a long time to be pregnant again.

·
Registered
541 Posts
: I pm'd a mod. and asked her how to start this forum. She said she would get a hold of the person who does it. Wow that was fast!

My edd is 04/02/07. We are very excited!
We had 2 m/c before this one so we are hoping this one sticks!

Everybody welcome! Hope to get to know you all in the next nine months! How is everybody feeling?

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I POAS this morning and it is much darker (though still took a good 3 minutes to show the faintest streak -- I was hoping for a blazing line of pink glory, but alas...) but it is definately there and pink. I am pleased that is has clearly doubled in intensity and that this baby is here and things are going along. I still worry about miscarriage, but can't do anything about that, huh?

I am going to get the blood test this morning. I want to have that cold, hard data in before I tell the kids. I just don't think I could wait until the risk of mc is gone. They have had to deal with death before, so if I have a miscarriage I think they will be ok.

I know a few things: I will plan a homebirth with dp catching, I will have my friend and partner midwife attend the birth. I know I gave away almost all my baby stuff, but kept some precious things like extra cute outfits, my cloth diapers that we on my other kids' butts, and some sentimental blankets.

Well, that is it for now!

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Thanks!

I am due in very late march, so I plan to hang out here since the kid will probably arrive in April

I too plan a homebirth with DH catching. For the most part he is fine with this, but he is a bit nervous. I m/c in April, so DH and I are both wishing and hoping for a
. We will co-sleep and CD, and I can't wait to buy those newborn dipes!

Anyone know of tips to keep the kid sticking?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Congrats to all the recent pg mamas

I am hopefully comming to join you all

I POAS last Friday on dpo 9 and i got the a extremly faint line...so fait it almost looked like an evap line ( had may of those a few mths ago) well today i took another test and a PINK line came up with in 3 min ...no squinting required to see lol. So hoping that this baby will stick and be healthy. I had a m/c in Feb. So i guess we will see what happens.

I am wanting a water birth at home with the midwife i had with my last child, but i dont think it is going to happen now!!!! LOL Right Carloynn!!!! ( HUGS and Contrats!!!!)

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Thanks! I am SO glad to be here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarolynnMarilynn
I still worry about miscarriage, but can't do anything about that, huh?
Me too. I'm not sure when to tell. It was hard to m/c for me, because no one but DH knew.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarolynnMarilynn
I am going to get the blood test this morning.
I just called and the first appointment I can make is next Thursday Aug 3. There was one this Thursday, but I'm not ready to explain why I should miss the meeting I have scheduled.
:

Oh, and they won't do a blood test before I came in

·
Registered
244 Posts
I think I'll be having an April baby too! It still feels very unreal, though. I have a 4yo and a 18 month old, and we planned on ttc at the end of this year. I obviously ovulated very late this month -- we've been pretty careful.

My period was supposed to start last Saturday. I think I ovulated July 13 or 14 (based on the only times we dtd!). I took a First Response Early test yesterday morning. To any sane person it would look like a negative. If you held it just so, though, you could see the beginnings of a second line. Then I took another test in the late afternoon. Definitely a second line on that one, though still faint. This morning I took yet another FRE test, and the line is a bit fainter than the one I took yesterday afternoon. That's freaking me out.

I called my midwife and told her to prepare a lab slip for me to get my levels tested a couple times this week. If I can ever get these kids to take a nap, we'll go when they wake up. Wish me luck!

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, my hcg came back from yesterday at 47. So I guess I can't be doubtful anymore! yay!

Just because I am OC, I will test again tomorrow, and if the result has doubled, I will leave it for awhile.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Yeah! Good for you

I wish that stupid Dr. office would send in the lab paperwork for a bloodtest. The Dr. is great - he was helpful during the m/c in that he actually talked to me. I would love a mw, but insurance doesn't cover it and I don't have the $. Plus we are planning a UC so I don't have to give birth in the medical center. Plus I want a home birth, and would really like to do it with just DH and DD present.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Can I join the party? I had 2 iffy tests yesterday, one pretty-sure-that's-a-positive this morning, and a yep-can't-deny-that test this afternoon. FF says my due date is 4/7/07.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Just lurking about from the November DDC, but wanted to drop in and say CONGRATULATIONS to all the new expecting mommas. It will go by fast... Trust Me. It seems like only yesterday I was in the latest DDC and now there are five more added since I've joined. I'm so happy for all of you....

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Hi!!!

I tested twice yesterday and got faint positives, but there was definitely a line. I was suspicious Saturday when I started feeling kind of sick. We weren't trying to get pregnant, but not 'not' trying either. We just got married two weeks ago, which was probably the date of conception. That's a big wedding present. I have 2 daughters from a previous marriage and this will be my husband's first.

I'm still in shock!!!!! (Although, it's a happy shock)

·
Registered
400 Posts
: i cannot BELIEVE i'm here...af was due tomorrow but i just had a funny feeling about things and tested today, twice and both were BFP we are so surprised, having been so careful, and will soon be so excited!!

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
and congratulations everyone! It is nice to see a few more members of the April DDC.

Go ahead and post on the roll call when you are ready - I am trying to update it daily.

I am so elated about this pregnancy too!

I was lurking in the March DDC and they are excited to see our April DDC since it means they are farther along in their pg.
:

·
Registered
576 Posts
I'm here too, just tested positive yesterday

We're pretty excited!

I'm so hoping it sticks, and that I don't show too early....I'm not quite ready to share the news with my employer.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Hi ladies.

I haven't got a positive yet. AF is due on Sat. or Sun.

I have a TMI question for you.

If you check your CP is it high and soft, now that you know you are pregnant?

Everything I've read says that the cervix will drop and firm up again after O, but mine is WAY high. It was totally different last month.

I'm also getting lots of twinges and dull crampies (I know that sounds cutesy, but they really can't be described as "cramps" just lil' crampies).

I REALLY want to join the April DDC and my EDD would be Easter Sunday, April 8th.

Anxiously awaiting your responses........

1 - 20 of 35 Posts