Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Premium Member
41,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

Welcome to the 2009 Holiday Helper!

We are very grateful that you are generously donating your time to help others.

I have opened up this forum especially for the facilitators so we can discuss the logistics together without trying to coordinate via email.

I think maybe we should start by introducing ourselves.

Name:
Where do you live:
How many kids do you have, names and ages:
Wanna post their pics:
Are you partnered:
How long:
What drew you to MDC:

· Premium Member
41,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Name: Jessica
Where do you live: Kansas City
How many kids do you have, names and ages: I have two. Abigail is eight and Ezra is 14 months.
Wanna post their pics: Their pics are in my album.

Are you partnered: Yes
How long: We have been together for twelve years.
What drew you to MDC: My sister introduced me to Mothering after my daughter was born.

· Registered
5,300 Posts
Name: Claire
Where do you live:York County, PA
How many kids do you have, names and ages: 6 year old boy, and a new baby due at the end of the year
Wanna post their pics:
:
Are you partnered: Married to DH
How long: almost 10 years
What drew you to MDC: Living in a fairly conservative part of the state

· Registered
27,777 Posts
Hey! We are SO grateful you are here

I'm Amy

Where do you live: Georgia
How many kids do you have, names and ages: I have three: Grant (9), Elias (6) and Bess (just turned 5 today)
How long: 19 years (omg---that sounds like a long time!)
What drew you to MDC: it felt like an online LLL meeting when I first found it in 2000. It's changed a lot

· Premium Member
4,545 Posts
Name: Kulia
Where do you live: Kailua, Hawaii - my hometown although I've lived ALL OVER the US.
How many kids do you have, names and ages: Maya, age 4 1/2

Wanna post their pics:

Are you partnered: We've been together for 12, married for ten in Janauary....not that I'm excited about having a "big" anniversary or anything.
How long: above

What drew you to MDC: I came her via BabyCenter when a group of us leaning AP started our own board and a few ladies talked about MDC which for the longest time I figured was some AP abbreviation I had no idea about.

· Premium Member
5,832 Posts
Name: Sheila
Where do you live: Hope, BC Canada
How many kids do you have, names and ages: Cora, 4 years old and Cassius who will be 2 in November
Are you partnered: Yes, married to Dan
How long: together 7.5 years, married 4
What drew you to MDC: I was a first time Mum about to give birth and looking for info and support.

· Registered
1,244 Posts
Name: Krystie
Where do you live: North East England
How many kids do you have, names and ages: i have 5 kids, Ben is 7, Abbie is 5 in October, Harrison is 4 in November, Evie is 2 on thursday this week, and Henrietta is 1 month old tomorrow
Wanna post their pics: i have pics on my facebook.
Are you partnered: yes
How long: been together 10 years, married for almost 4
What drew you to MDC: i was googling how to make my own diapers while pregnant with Evie and came across the making your own diaper board and from there i was just like oh look i fit in here, mostly.

Kiz

· Premium Member
3,060 Posts
Hello, all!

Name: Michele
Where do you live: Palatine, IL (NW suburb of Chicago)
How many kids do you have, names and ages: none!
I'm still single (not by choice) at 40, but I've got a 4 yo goddaughter aka The Magpie I'm in love with!
And I dote on her sister and other folks' kids. Think of me as the eccentric spinster auntie - you'll not be far off!

Are you partnered: no (good men are *hard* to find!)
What drew you to MDC: I'm very into simple living (I'm an active member of the Simple Living Network forums) and someone had referred me over to MDC about something.

· Registered
1,559 Posts
Hello!

Name: Holly
Where do you live: Montréal, Québec, Canada (but I was born and raised in the SF Bay Area)
How many kids do you have, names and ages: Catarina, 6yo and Natacha 3yo
Wanna post their pics: eventually
Are you partnered: kind of (I'm presently going through a divorce, am seeing someone)
How long: -
What drew you to MDC: I was introduced to Mothering Magazine by my local LLL leader. I then discovered MDC, and love having the contact with like-minded families.

· Registered
3,135 Posts
Name: Kristine
Where do you live: Just outside Toronto Canada
How many kids do you have, names and ages: Holly 6.5, Rachel 3, Avery 19 months
Wanna post their pics: I'll try
How long: Together 15 years, married almost 6
What drew you to MDC: I was researching cloth diapers on-line and came upon references to MDC

· Premium Member
5,263 Posts
Name: Ashley
Where do you live: Wyoming
How many kids do you have, names and ages: 2, Clark is 5 and Anna will be three in Jan.
Wanna post their pics: I would, if I could ever figure out the html tags around here, but I can't.
Are you partnered: it's complicated - we are not 'officially' together any longer, but neither have we moved into new relationships either. We are taking some time to work on our personal issues and then we will revisit our relationship. See, I told you it was complicated
. And FTR, this is not my children's father I am talking about - I've been separated from him for 2 years now and would never consider going back.

What drew you to MDC: The lactivism forums are what drew me in - back when I was helping to organize the ABC Nurse-In.

· Premium Member
6,610 Posts
Hello! I'm excited to be helping out this year!

Name: Katie
Where do you live: Fort Bragg, NC
How many kids do you have, names and ages: 2 - Liam (2) and Laine (4 months).
Wanna post their pics:

Are you partnered: Yes, but single parenting at the moment due to deployment.
How long: Together for 4 years, married for 2.
What drew you to MDC: I was pregnant with my DS and looking for a supportive community with like-minded folks, someone from another board directed me here.

· Premium Member
20,157 Posts
Name: Kay
Where do you live: Redmond, WA (near Seattle)
How many kids do you have, names and ages: 2; Sam (DD) is 10 & Nate (DS) is 8
Wanna post their pics: too techy for me
How long: 16 years, married 12
What drew you to MDC: Loved the magazine, checked out the bb & loved it.

· Registered
13,743 Posts
Hello!

Name: Helen
Where do you live: Swindon, England. But I grew up just down the road from Kiz

How many kids? 4- Alex turns 11 in November, Isaac is 9, Skye turns 4 in November and River is nearly 20 months old. Our newbie is due in December.
Pictures to follow, I've been slacking about uploading them
:
Partner: Steve and I have been together for 7 years and married for almost 5.

I found MDC after several recommendations from FYT and seeing references from other parenting communities- the old Hipmama boards, a few yahoo groups, the ms. boards back in the days- and joined when I got pregnant with DD and wanted to talk babies with someone.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.