Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,119 Posts
I'm so, so sorry to hear that you're going through this. What a horrible way to be treated! And the timing is awful, too - with the holidays and your birth all coming up so soon. Not a nice time to be on the outs with family.
:

My mother is actually very supportive. My aunt (who walks on water as far as Mom is concerned) had a homebirth about 12 years ago, so Mom has already been primed for this. One of my sisters, on the other hand, is convinced that the baby and I are both going to die, and she would like nothing more than for me to develop some sort of problem that would risk me out of the homebirth. She keeps referring to my MW as "the fake doctor."
: I know it's not as hard as having your mother opposed to your decision, but I do understand a little bit.

I have no advice, but I wish you comfort.

· Registered
1,119 Posts
Your DH sounds like a gem. Good for you!

Glad to hear you're regaining your equilibrium. And it's great that you have friends who can watch your DC's while you're in labor - sounds like having your mother there would be very counterproductive.

If your mother is willing to talk to the MW, that could do a world of good.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.