Mothering Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No proof or anything, but now I'm starting to doubt.

One of the things that had me convinced dd was a girl was that all my body hair got really thin and light. But, that's happening now too. I went to shave this morning because it had been a week or more, but I didn't even need to.

Anybody else have a boy and have your body hair get really sparce and soft?

Sadie

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
nope!
we just found out its a boy and I've had quite a "beard" the whole pregnancy! I don't shave, so I haven't really noticed anything else.

·
Premium Member
997 Posts
I wish mine was getting sparse! My hubby has started to call my stomach the tuft because it's gotten so hairy. I read it all will fall out about 2 months or so after you give birth so I'm just hoping that's true lol. He as wondering if maybe it's a sign it's a boy and maybe some added testosterone hormones. The theory makes sense but I feel like I've probably got so many hormones going on right now that it wouldn't make a difference.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I don't shave, but I noticed that all the leg hair that regularly touches the pants/skirts/whatever is gone. It's all worn away...and that's a recent development. I didn't notice this last time when I had a boy. This time, I think I'm having a girl. We'll see in April or May!

·
Registered
708 Posts
my tummy was so hairy last time with DS and it is this time too and not only that but its dark fuzz so i shave i dont care i can't stand the hair! so i think this one is a boy too...the only thing that had me thinking that it was a girl was the MS was so much more severe this time than with DS but we'll see in May....or June
i'll be here forever

but SIL had girls and she said that eventually her belly got hairy and her legs were a night mare but who knows i guess there is no real way to know

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by AustGirl View Post
I'm glad I'm not the only one with the fuzzy belly!
now that you mention it, all of my belly hair has been standing straight up!
I thought it was just all the moving and growing. Now I can blame it on the baby!

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Not that this helps your feelings of doubt any, but I was convinced I was having a boy, and I'm in fact having a girl. My leg hair has sort of slowed in growth (I think... it's getting a little hard to bend over and shave my legs these days so I may just be convincing myself of that!) but overall doesn't seem much different. I know that the hair thing is an old wives tale, so I wouldn't put too much stock in it

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by lotus.blossom View Post
Yeah I have blonde peach fuzz on my belly now too!! But a few darker hairs around my bellybutton that I tweeze. (I get a few on my boobs too!!
)
That's makes me feel so much better! I haven't noticed any extra hair on my belly yet (no linea ***** yet either and with dd it was soooo dark) but I have been getting those hairs around my nipples too (ok, ok, I got a few now and then before, but I had a bunch the other day... maybe I just hadn't been taking very good care of myself with our bathroom in remodel) and I was plucking them the other morning and my dd asked me "Mommy, why do you have splinters in your nursies?" I couldn't help but laugh!

Sadie

·
Registered
159 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by lotus.blossom View Post
Yeah I have blonde peach fuzz on my belly now too!! But a few darker hairs around my bellybutton that I tweeze. (I get a few on my boobs too!!
)
Ditto! I have little body hair to begin with so the fuzzy belly was quite unexpected. But I don't want to even talk about what's sprouting up around my nipples.

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
With DS my linea ***** never went away entirely and is still there now. The hair on my legs stayed really thin, this time around I have to shave more often. I've had a hairy belly in both pregnancies so far. With him I also started getting little hairs on my chin that I still have to pluck, just one of the many unfortunate side-effects of childbearing

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
why not talk about it!! I too have chin hairs. I'm a "groomer" its just in my nature to pluck and preen so I shave all my parts and pluck what I can.
I am a real blonde (ok with some help from clairol) and I have light hair everywhere except the little sprouters. Weird!

I didn't get a linea negra though. Actually, I just lied. I looked up an old picture on my blog and sure enough!! I had a faint one

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
I haven't noticed too much in the way of extra hair growth... yet! I've probably just jinxed myself and will become a yeti by next week. But I generally have really light, faint body hair anyway, so we'll see. It feels quite odd to be sharing this!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.