Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Baby Owen was born on Friday night.

I'm not sure if they had him circumcised or not, but I am guessing they did. I called and left a message of congratulations and my sister called me back today. She didn't mention it, which makes me pretty sure they did. I didn't want to ask about it because, frankly, I figured I would just hang up on her if she said yes and that wouldn't be such a great idea. The only thing she said that indicated they did do it was "He was nursing so great in the hospital, but now that we're home he's just so lethargic."
: She told me in our last conversation they do it riht before they send them home.

I'm gonna ask my mom next time we talk.

·
Registered
11,770 Posts

You tried so hard, mama.

·
Premium Member
16,212 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by coloradoalice

. She didn't mention it, which makes me pretty sure they did.

Perhaps there's still hope. My sister didn't tell me at first that she left her son intact.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, and I am hanging on that shread of hope, but my gut tells me I shouldn't. I will be so very very happy if they didn't. My relationship with my sister is tedious at best, but she knew it was very important to me so I think if they hadn't she would have said so. But then again, she may not have said anything because she is too proud to admit they went with my recommendation.

The whole thing just pisses me off so much though. She had an awesome birth, she gave birth in water, no meds, fast terriffic labor, no problems. Great start to nursing, the works. She's not AP per say, but she is natural birth oriented. So after all that, a soft enterance, a happy easy birth, no additional trauma, she would go and do that to the baby. It just doesn't make sense to me. Not that it would no matter what the circumstances. But I just want to scream!! The only reasoning I got from them was the "look like daddy" thing, and I just want to yell, "what, you want to give him a handicap because daddy does?? If daddy didn't have a hand would you cut off his hand?? Because daddy has never experienced sex as nature intended you want to insure your son doesn't either??
:
:
:

The idea just sets me off so much!!

·
Registered
667 Posts
I feel for you. I still dont feel like having a relationship with my sister after April when she circed her new son (her third circed). We talk and all at family functions, but I don't ever see me calling her 'just because' anymore. Its still painful to think about.

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
's I really hope that she didn't! And you tried, which is all you can do
But the nursing comment
Please keep us updated...

love and peace.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
I know that you're upset about the circumcision aspect right now, but I saw a big red flag when I read "lethargic". In a newborn that is a serious sign of a problem that needs to be figured out. Her baby should be feeding every two hours in the newborn period, wetting 6 to 8 soaked diapers, and having two poops at least the size of a silver dollar in a day. Especially in this hot weather, a newborn can get dehydrated and go downhill very quickly. Make sure your sister knows this.
Baybee

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, I told her she needs to wake him up to make him nurse, she has already talked to her doctor and the home health nurse about it too. They also said to wake him more often. They offered up the idea of jaundice, but she said that he isn't. (She knows because her first was)

I don't think anything is wrong with him other than he is trying to recover from traumatic surgery after birth.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.