Mothering Forum banner

Went to a homeopath today for DS's eczema (update in #5)

726 views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Harmony96 
#1 ·
Had a good appointment. I had an epiphany while there that his eczema might be caused by either eggs or strawberries. I'm going to start eliminating those tomorrow. The homeopath did give me a remedy to try for him, but I can't give it to him for 2 weeks since he's on antibiotics right now for a head sore. Then after that, I'll email her in 2 weeks and then go in for a follow up 2 weeks after the email.

This is the first time I've had any experience w/ homeopathy at all. She said it could take a while to see any results, and that the eczema might "travel" to get out of his body (like move from his head down his torso and then out his arms and legs). But, I am going to get used to slow improvements, b/c this isn't the only slow thing in my life right now.

#2 ·
OK. Now I'm really suspicious of strawberries, because I had some strawberry jelly for lunch yesterday, and this morning, DS woke up with cheeks that were quite a bit pinker than before.

#4 ·
I think it's eggs. Hubby brought home a piece of lemon pie on Thursday night, which I ate yesterday and didn't think anything of it. This morning, DS woke up and the red area around his anus had returned (even though he hadn't had a BM yet) and his face was looking much worse. So I hopped online to check the ingredients in the pie, and sure enough, it has eggs in it.

#5 ·
She wanted me to email her two weeks after he'd had his remedy, so today was that day. Based on what I told her, she had me dose him again. She also suggested going off of dairy so we had a mini-discussion about that (since I'd tried that early on, etc.) and I am going to also go off dairy for about 6 weeks, then possibly introduce raw dairy.

#7 ·
I'm no longer off strawberries and eggs and no longer keeping a food journal. I noticed no pattern at all when I was doing so. Or during the few times where I thought I DID find the offending food, he got worse when I cut it out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.