Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Girl

Went for the almost 20 week level 2 U/S today. I was somewhat worried b/c I had a positive quad screen for Downs (norm woman my age something like
1:67, I was 1:47 slightly elevated risk) The Doc said the U/S was "reassuring" and that he did not see any soft markers for Downs. He wants another U/S in a month and a perinatal cardiologist to do a heart U/S b/c I am type II diabetes and hypothyroid.

Her heartrate was 147, she weighed 13 ounces and measured 1 week ahead. She is currently hanging out in the transverse position and my placenta is not previa'd, and he said it wasn't near my c-sec scar. YAY!

I stopped at Target on my way home and bought a newborn sundress that said "Daddy's Princess" and put it in a green and yellow gift box along with the US. DH opened the box and looked at the U/S and said, "well, what are we having?" Had to tell him to remove the tissue paper to see the dress
He was wanting another boy, but he's not dissapointed to have a girl. Now I need to break the news to the rest of the family....

·
Registered
913 Posts
CONGRATS on your girl!!
How funny that you had to help your dh figure it out! hehe

·
Registered
545 Posts
Congratulations Mama! That sounds like a wonderful appointment in every respect. Welcome to Team Pink!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.