Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DD is 16 months old and I have been sleep deprived since she was born. She was nursing 3-4 times a night and I was becoming a crabby mommy and she was crabby baby since she wasn't sleeping well with us. She'd sleep 2-3 more hours after we got up for the day. So I put her in a toddler bed to see if her sleep habits were related to co-sleeping. Since being in her own bed she has slept thru the night most nights or gotten up only once. She has NEVER slep thru the night before and she is mostly night weaned. Although I miss her I am so glad that we found a happy medium.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Us too! DD is 19 mos. old and wakes 6+ times a night, ever since she was born. We have sidecarred her crib to our bed but she still wakes from the slightest movements from dh or I. Very frustrating. Where is the toddler bed? Your room or her own?

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tried putting a crib mattress on the floor in our room and she would wake up a lot still. I bought her a toddler bed and put that in her sisters room. I made a big deal about her new bed. I'd nurse her to sleep for her naps then put her in the toddler bed. After a few days of getting her used to that I tried doing the same for bedtime. The first night she slept thru the night! If she wakes up and stays in her bed I'll nurse her in there and she usually falls asleep. Last night she woke up at 4 am and came to our room so I put her to bed with us. She slept until this morning.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.