Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>I have used midwives the last two pregnancy's.  My favorite has moved to terre haute and with the last one coming in 45 minutes from start of contractions and ending up birthing in the er because the midwives I had were an hour away..I need to find someone within 20 minutes of my house.</p>
<p>We are planning on conceiving this coming month and live on the west side of Indianapolis  near the old airport.<br>
Does anyone know of any midwives close to there?  have contacted Lynda Barton K. as recommended by Anne Michler my old midwife.. but I am unsure of where she is located.  I Also dont know if she is still practicing.  I have heard of Penny Lane but have no contact info for her or a location either.</p>
<p>HELP!  I am worried this next baby will come in less than an hour and need to find someone that can get here fast.  I really want to avoid having to call 911 and having a baby in the er again.. and I would really like to avoid hospitals if at all I can since they closed the towers birth center...</p>
<p>Cris</p>
<p>(feel free to PM me info if they are not CNMs or you would rather PM)</p>

·
Premium Member
2,256 Posts
<p>I've had many friends use/love Lynda. She is totally rockin' awesome!!</p>
<p> </p>

·
Registered
55 Posts
<p><a href="http://www.believemidwiferyservices.com" target="_blank">www.believemidwiferyservices.com</a></p>
<p> </p>
<p>This is Penny Lane's website. She is an awesome midwife!!</p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="display:none;"> </span></p>
<p class="vcard"><span class="fn org"><span class="organization-name">Believe Midwifery Services</span></span><br><span class="adr"><span class="street-address">118 West Main Street</span><br><span class="locality">Thorntown</span><span class="separator">,</span> <span class="region">IN</span> <span class="postal-code">46071</span></span><br><span class="phoneNumbers"><span class="tel"><span class="type">ph:</span> 765-436-7527</span><br><span class="tel"><span class="type">fax:</span> 765-436-7114</span></span><br><span class="mailtoWrapper"><a class="email" href="mailto:[email protected]"><span style="color:#CBAA25;">[email protected]</span></a><span style="display:none;"> </span></span></p>

·
Registered
27,052 Posts
<p>If your babies come that fast and easily, do you actually need someone to be there as you're actually giving birth?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>It just seems odd to transfer to the ER in the middle of a precipitous labor when you have a nice birthing space all set up at home. If the baby's going to slip out no problems, why create problems by trying to race the baby to another place?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm surprised your midwives from before didn't talk to you about what do to do if the baby did arrive before them.</p>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts