Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Moms!

New here and I'm looking for Ob/Gyn and MW recommendations in my area... especially ones who would be VBAC-friendly. I live in the western part of Chester county, PA.

Does anyone have any names for me?

Thanks!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Just had a homebirth in West Chester, PA 5-30-05. My midwives are KAte and Merle check out their website at Pahomebirth.com these women are very special to Mike and I they are godesses in our eyes! We had the most wonderful experience with them. It felt like our sisters were helping us bring Caitlin into the world. She has been an awesome baby because of the special and non-intrusive welcome into the world she had!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We also had a wonderful Bradley method teacher Jane her website is specialbeginnings.com
You must contact these wonderful, intelligent, strong women if you want the birth of your dreams! Good luck! Any more questions e mail me at [email protected]

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
I highly, highly, highly recommend you get in contact with Karen Webster and Christy Santoro, the midwives who make up WomanWise. I had Jett with them in December and I have only the highest regard for their abilities, manner, training and most importantly, their belief that a woman's body works wonders. Oh, and their potlucks are great fun, too!
They have done lots of VBAC mamas, so there is no fear there.

They suggest a couple of different OBs as back-up. I chose the naturally-minded doc in Philadelphia, eeeek....but I forget her name. If you call up Karen, she could tell you.

Welcome to Mothering!!!!! We hope to see more of you around. It's a great place to learn lots of killer info and I've had the joy to make lots of real life friends from here, too.

·
Registered
6,187 Posts
I second Karen and Christy, if you're looking for a homebirth. If you want a birth center, I had my girls at The Birth Center in Bryn Mawr. I loved my birth experiences, though rumor has it they're getting more conservative due to liability
There is also a birth center in Reading that has a good reputation, as well as one in Wilmington DE with an excellent reputation. Are you new to the area? We have a branch of Families for Natural Living in the area, with a very active mailing list and tons of activities. Folks on that list have lots of other local resources to share. If you're interested, let me know and I'll post the info!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts