Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got Nourishing Traditions and just ordered Cure Tooth Decay. I ordered kefir grains and I'm trying to make a "plan" for cooking more traditional foods. I've read lots of success stories in these forums about reversing tooth decay and I'm wondering did anyone have "bad" or no results from adopting the recommended supplements/diet? I'm not sure how to find a raw milk supplier that I can trust considering everything here is sold for "pet consumption" and also I'm cautious about giving supplements to my son, such as the butter oil. Have there been studies on the safety of it for toddlers? If you tried Price's theories and you don't think they worked for you, to what degree were you following them? I've also seen the MI paste recommended and I also am wondering if there's any safety concern for toddler use?
I need to come up with some action plan for my toddler's teeth...he has bad enamel, probably due to my nutrient loss during pregnancy...I think I am gluten intolerant and am now completely gf and feeling better.

Thanks for any advice!

·
Registered
891 Posts
Hi
:
I use the MI for my toddler, it does have milk protein in it, so if thats a concern then it may not be for you. I was first recommended to use it by a mom who has used it on two chilren with great success. After that our actual dentist who did the ozone treatment for us told us it was wonderful and to use it. I trust him, he knows a lot about that kind of thing. I also trusted the universe to bring us the right treatments, since my heart told me not to go the GA route, it just wasn't right for us.
I can tell you that the regimen we have been using has been working for us, even though we forget, mess up etc.
We do MI everyday.
We do Spry gel a few times a day, try to remember to do it several, but forget often.
We do water after everything when we remember.
We brush twice, toddler willing.
We do butter on everything.
We have signed up for a raw milk share, and if I were you I would go to the farms that produce the milk and see first hand if you like what they have going on if you at all can. We went to a few and one was goat and they weren't pasturing and were feeding the goats purina goat food!
I serve her as much meat as she will eat and most of it is pastured, most is organic as well.
I feel GREAT(!) about everything we are doing because I know it is working and I am willing to tweek it to make it continue to work, and if I should find out that something would work better I will add that etc.

I guess I do understand wanting to be diligent about what you give to your child and just follwoing a lead that you hear about without checking into it first might not make sense, but for us I had been praying and I knew God led me to this answer instead of going the GA route and for me that's how I know it's healthy and safe. But I understand that may not hold very much water for others and thats ok.

This page has some background history of xylitol including studies findings:
http://xylitol.org/drmakinen.asp
This page has some background info on MI/recaldent:
http://www.gcamerica.com/images/pdfs...e_cookbook.pdf
Now I have to wonder, can you really trust anything anyone tells you, even if it is a scientist? Can you trust anything you read online 100%?
IMO you can't truely trust anything unless you try it yourself and see if it works, yknow?

Anyway, good luck, I hope you figure out what works for you guys!

·
Registered
891 Posts
one other thing:
I love both of the books you mentioned, but I think, like Ramiel explains in CTD, you have to figure out what combination will work for you. He really believes that you have to be intuitive and figure out what you/your child really needs.
I have found that to be very true. He also does not recommend using the MI paste, xylitol products or OZONE. He really likes the 100% food/nutrition path and that worked for them. That is not likely to work for us because my daughter is a picky eater, for better or worse, lol. There is no way she would open up for fish eye meat or liver or raw clams. Sorry, not gonna happen, not even for lack of trying!

So, I guess my point is, that while it is good to be informed, you will know what is right for you once you read about what everything is and what it does, and IMO none of it will hurt, so no harm, no foul.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you sisteesmama! Dh and I both read the link on the MI Paste and I just ordered some on eBay. Have you seen anything on possible side effects due to the higher mineral absorption?
My ds is a picky eater too, but he does like liver...haven't tried fish eyes yet!

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
We have had 100% success with everything that WAP and WAPF have written.
Teeth healing well and Dh's type 1 coming under full control and never having issues with healing and infection ever again, just as examples.

Go for it! You will not be disapointed.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by lmk1 View Post
Thank you sisteesmama! Dh and I both read the link on the MI Paste and I just ordered some on eBay. Have you seen anything on possible side effects due to the higher mineral absorption?
My ds is a picky eater too, but he does like liver...haven't tried fish eyes yet!
I think the one possible side effect I can think of is that your DC's teeth might remineralize, lol!
I'm just kidding, no, I actuallt haven't heard of anything....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.