Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, i think this belongs here, right? The 17th was ds's birthday and i am now officially breastfeeding a toddler.
: i'm the only one i know IRL although at our Bible assemblies I will occasionally meet someone else in the mothers' room who is nursing a 1 year old. But it's ok....I feel special, not weird

And i don't think ds has plans to stop anytime soon....my mother had suggested that in addition to nursing him I try offering him a sippy cup with rice or cows' milk, just to fill his stomach a little more at night, because he has been waking up a lot. So tonight, I made him a nice warm sippy of milk, turned off the light, sat down to rock him to sleep, and offered him the sippy cup. He took a sip, look at me & smacked his lips.....and then very calmly threw the cup across the room and pulled up my shirt.
. I guess we're not weaning.....hehe

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by waiting2bemommy View Post
So tonight, I made him a nice warm sippy of milk, turned off the light, sat down to rock him to sleep, and offered him the sippy cup. He took a sip, look at me & smacked his lips.....and then very calmly threw the cup across the room and pulled up my shirt.
. I guess we're not weaning.....hehe
Congratulations! And happy nursing through toddlerhood

·
Registered
662 Posts
and i'm sooo proud we've had our up's and downs but hey we've come this far breastfeeding has made me so much stronger as a mother i have conquered another hurdle in this road to many successes. My ds loves to bf and i wouldn't dream couldn't for that matter ever think of a time when we're not going to be bf. Well done to all the amazing mums who continue to bf.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.