Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
: Hello! I'm the poster who used to be Linda KS (and before that Linda in Canada) and I've decided that I shouldn't use place names in my screen name :LOL

We've moved into our house in San Antonio, and other than the fact that I can't find anything things are going OK.

We usually homeschool year round (we are relaxed, CM inspired) but are taking the summer off. I had the kids sit down with me and make a list of the things they want to do and learn about this summer and I'll be helping them those things. This week they are day camp at the zoo and having a blast.

Next week we are going to consult with a garden center and find out if we can plant a garden this year or if we've missed the window of opportunity. After that, we are going to learn to can, and then teach the dogs tricks. I love summer school!

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
Glad to hear things are going well.

So, besides the garden, what other fun things do you have on the summer agenda?

·
Registered
11,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We want to pick fruits and vegies as they come in season. So far we've picked strawberries and peaches. The kids want to learn to make jam and to can. We are going to decorate the kids' rooms and they will do lots to help and will make accessories for their rooms. They want to make crafts for the garden -- stepping stones, painted pots, etc. The girls have asked to do Family Math and to finished Great Adventures in Science -- Plants (which we started last fall but then last track of around Christmas time). The girls have also said that they want to do some sewing.

The last few months have been very stressful and I really want this summer to be a relaxed time when we can reconnect and make ourselves feel like this is home.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.