Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We took a drive today, it was a lot of fun. On the way home a car and trailer in the oncoming lane blew a tire and swerved into our lane, nearly hitting us. It was terrifying! I had a seizure minutes afterward.

Then we got home and I had another seizure and fell hitting my head, arm, and leg and landing on my belly. We went to the ER where ... Read Morethey x-rayed my arm and determined that I didn't break it. I get to wear a sling for the next week or so though for the muscle strain. I am supposed to stay off the leg, and watch the area above my right eye for additional swelling and "abnormal" bruising... the baby is fine.

While we were at the ER Alex fell off a chair and bloodied his nose...

· Registered
1,965 Posts
How terrifying! I hope in the days to come you can begin to relax and start to feel a little better. I am glad both of your LOs are all right. Please take it really easy. Was that your first time to have a seizure? It just goes to show how very much of a shock a car accident can be (or near miss). Were you pulled over when you had the seizure?

How scary. Please feel better soon, and post and let us know how you are doing. Is Alex okay from his nose?

· Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by velveeta View Post
How terrifying! I hope in the days to come you can begin to relax and start to feel a little better. I am glad both of your LOs are all right. Please take it really easy. Was that your first time to have a seizure? It just goes to show how very much of a shock a car accident can be (or near miss). Were you pulled over when you had the seizure?

How scary. Please feel better soon, and post and let us know how you are doing. Is Alex okay from his nose?
I have had seizures for the past seven years... and they are uncontrolled so I can't drive. We were still driving when I seized. Alex is fine, just has a puffy nose. My leg is great today and only hurts when I try to walk. My arm is killing me. And of course it is my right arm, so I get to work out my often neglected left arm with eating and typing... reeeeeeaaaaalllllyyyyy slooooooooowly

lol

· Registered
1,106 Posts
Oh my goodness! You poor thing.This must have been extremely scary! I am so happy to hear that you and your baby are doing ok. I hope that your arm and leg heal quickly so you can be back to new in no time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.