Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yesterday we took dd to the play area at the mall. I sat down to nurse my ds, and there was a mama nursing twins! I was SO happy, I congratulated her and she started telling me how her babies were preemies, so she had to pump (good for her!) and how she nurses full-time, the babies sleep great and she loves it. she was tired, ofcourse (I mean, I think I'm tired.. I can't imagine with twins) but I told her I thought she was doing such a noble thing, bf'ing her twins..

makes me happy to see mamas nurse their babes!

·
Registered
6,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know, she said that she felt kinda weird NIP because everyone stared. I NIP too, and I told her she had NOTHING to be ashamed of. her and her dh agreed, and she said she felt more comfortable now knowing some people thought that was cool.

I felt really good, to be honest, I've never seen anyone nurse there at this particular play area and we go there a lot with dd. I wish I saw more mamas nurse...

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by loving-my-babies

I felt really good, to be honest, I've never seen anyone nurse there at this particular play area and we go there a lot with dd. I wish I saw more mamas nurse...
I think that so many women just aren't comfortable with it. I know several nursing Moms that go into bathroom stalls (public bathroom stalls) to nurse. They just don't feel comfortable with the thought of someone staring or someone feeling "uncomfortable" by their nursing. But I think the more women NIP, the less it will be an issue.

When my DS was a few months old and I was at the mall I was sitting on a bench and nursing him. I felt a little self-conscious being new at it all and tried very hard to make sure that not a single part of my breast was showing. Then I looked up and saw a huge Victoria's Secret poster with a woman exploding out of her bra top. I kind of laughed to myself and really never felt shy about it after that! :LOL

·
Registered
6,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know what you mean.. people feel offended by us, because we are doing a natural thing like nursing, but ofcourse they are not offended by britney spears in her little clothes (or lack thereof, I must say)

I know what you mean, though!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.