Mothering Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I don't know why I care about this enough to post, but I'm wondering if anyone else is thinking this-

How come nobody mentions the fact that Tom Cruise is a father of 2?????

I mean, here he is getting married for the 3rd time and no one defines him as also being a father- no interview, no media, nobody. I mean, does he SEE his kids? He and Nicole adopted 2 children and we've never heard about it since.

I guess I also just don't like Tom Cruise and totally don't get why people are infatuated with him. Not to mention the fact that she is 26 and he is 46. That would be like me marrying my dad. I hate it when that happens.

Okay. Enough.

·
Registered
4,306 Posts
i thought he was 42...and i think he and nicole have both always been VERY tight-lipped about their kids. they never allowed questions about them, they never talked about them, they never allowed pictures of them, etc...they were always very protective of them so i guess the media is still a little gunshy to talk about them.

that being said, i cannot STAND tom cruise and never liked him, even before the whole whacko scientology thing and now katie holmes. if they're both really happy, yay. i personally think that they'll be divorced in a year and that katie will regret this time in her life as a member of a weird cultish religion but hey...that's just me.

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
Just kidding. Um, yeah, I think it's ODD, too! I mean, they're talking marriage after 6 weeks of KNOWING each other! I give their marriage (if they do) a little longer... I'd say 4 years... just about when Katie realizes that it isn't quite what she expected and can't make it any different. Just a guess.

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
Sorry! didn't really mean to scare you. I'm sure there are some on MDC for sure though!

Um, aliens inside of them? Really?

Oh, so I got off topic... I forgot to say that I heard the same thing that Michelle did about Tom & Nicole wanting to keep their kids lives private.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Spark, you are a bad, bad girl! =) You are right, though, I'm sure there are some scientologists on MDC, perhaps in the December due dates. I don't know ANYTHING about it, so am not judging. I made a QUICK search and it sounds more like a self-help group than a religion. For the record, I didn't read anything whacky about aliens, but maybe they don't tell you that 'til you've joined! =)
I still think that the parenting thing is weird, although you made a good point. Maybe they are just really GREAT parents keeping it super quiet, but because of their self-indulgent personalitites, I picture it more like they haven't seen their kids in months or years as they are raised by hired help or something. ALso, it is hard for me to imagine the media being that respectful for the one time ever. Seems like they all forgot instead. Otherwise, wouldn't we be hearing, "Katie, how do you feel about being a stepmom at 26?" etc.
This is a VERY important conversation we are having! hehehe...

·
Registered
4,306 Posts
i saw an interview with nicole and she made it clear that the kids live with her most of the time and that she keeps them away from all media. she also said that she wasn't allowed to talk about them (per the kids' request). nicole seems like a mom to me, like she would be doing the raising.

i know very little about scientology...a friend of mine is one...well, was a friend...she alienated everyone once she converted (no pun intended LOL)...became a condescending prick, really, so i think i'm biased.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Ugh. Tom Cruise.

I swear I'm the only person in my "real life" world who absolutely can't stand him. Never could. The only roles he's ever done that I liked were "Risky Business" and "Rain Man". He plays a selfish asshole in both films - which seems perfectly appropriate to me.

I find it interesting that he's always dumping his love interest for a younger woman. Mimi Rogers for Nicole Kidman, Nicole for Penelope Cruz, and now Penelope for Katie Holmes. I mean, Katie is 16 years younger than he is! Creepy or what?! That and her rather brainwashed sounding "I think he's awesome", "I think he's awesome", "I think he's awesome", and "I'm so in love!", "I'm so in love!", "I'm so in love!" schtick just gets a bit nauseating after a while.

eta:

Oh ick. I just found a Katie Holmes quote on Internet Movie Database: "I think every little girl dreams about her wedding. I used to think I was going to marry Tom Cruise." That was from before she'd met him. (shudders)

·
Registered
457 Posts
Spark scared me too. I thought it was gonna be a fight thread.

There is some scientology/alien connection....I was just reading this thing about how Tom Cruise came down on Brooke Shields for seeking pharmaceutical help for her severe PPD; he was saying how drugs are so bad and he's glad he avoided them for his learning disabilities, and she should have sought counseling (this is the self-help aspect of scientology), and then she made some crack in return about how he should stick to fighting and learning about aliens....apparently scientologists believe that some aliens came to colonise earth, and then they all died and their souls went into human beings....something like this. A scientologist December mama may be able to clarify....

I can't believe i know enough about this to contribute to this thread
: heehee.

K

1 - 13 of 13 Posts