Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this pregnancy was totally unplanned. I still hadn't gotten my period back after having my dd, and we were using condoms, and co-sleeping (so not a lot of sex here). So we just happened to have sex the first time I ovulated in over three years, and the condom just happened to not work (it didn't break or anything). So get pregnant was not probable, but we did. Financially it is pretty bad, but should be in that "really bad" state for less than a year after birth, so we can do it. You can do anything for a year, right? So while that adds quite a bit of worry, that's not my main fear. Every day I find myself thinking, "how the hell can I handle two kids?" I mean I'm worn down and just so tired and I just have one, what the crap am I going to do when I have two? I just have no reserves left, and another one is coming along. Does anyone else feel like this? Any BTDT mamas want to tell me it's normal to feel and it's not as bad as I"m imagining? I love this kid very much, and am glad to be having it, but I'm just overwhelmed by the thought.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Mama, it gets busy, but having a newborn the second time around is much easier because you aren't going through that huge life change that becoming a parent brings. Also you aren't learning how to care for a newborn. I was so surprised by how easy a newborn is compared to an older kid.

Also, when they are older, your kids will play together. It is so nice to have the situation where they entertain each other, it gives me a bit more freedom to get the things done that need to be done.

For me it got a bit dicey when my youngest was about 6 months, trying to AP both at the same time was a challenge, who's needs do I meet, and who needs to wait, but it is doable and you will do great.

ND

·
Registered
255 Posts
I totally get where you are coming from. Right before DS was born, I was thinking the same thing. But, miraculously, you find the energy time, etc. The newborns are the easiest to deal with when you have two. They don't take much entertaining. Its the toddler you have to worry about and the balance of having two. Eventually you get into a routine, and you will find that as they get older, it gets easier.

For us, my oldest was still in diapers, so I just did everything back to back. If DS needed a diaper change, I changed DD. If DS got a bath, DD got a bath either before or after. If I was feeding DS, I fed DD. It became much easier to join their schedules that way. Now that they are almost 1 and almost 3, they play together nicely and entertain each other, so I get some nice breaks too.

·
Registered
961 Posts
My first thought when I found out I was pregnant was "Ack! They'll outnumber me!!!"

I know where you are coming from. I give a lot to my daughter, plus my husband, business, home, etc. I just feel like there is SO much and I give everything already. I just have to take everyone's word that I will figure it out and it will be OK because I will love this baby just as much.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.