Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
call me naive- but ou really don't have to do this anymore?

so am I dunking in a gross sea of poop for nothing? we're actually consideirng the potty pail as an alternative b/c it's getting to be pretty gross. Our finances are tight, but it'd be worth it to get out of the sea of poops- educate me please!
(we have a nice washing machine- can I really just throw in the poops too?) TIA!!!!
(I have 2 in cd's rigt now and anoter joining them soon!)

·
Registered
109 Posts
I find dunking diapers to be really repulsive, so I just tip it over the toilet and call it good. Like whatever falls off, falls off - the rest goes w/diaper into the pail. I wash every other day and have never had staining or problems with my "method." Life is just too short to do something that grosses you out and is unnecessary!

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
I think for the semi-solid stage that having a mini-shower sprayer really helps (even now if her poop is a sticky one, it is nice to be able to spray it off). We use almost only fuzzi bunz, and I find that the fleece seems to allow the poop to come off easier than some of my other diapers.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by wiredupweb
I find dunking diapers to be really repulsive, so I just tip it over the toilet and call it good. Like whatever falls off, falls off - the rest goes w/diaper into the pail. I wash every other day and have never had staining or problems with my "method." Life is just too short to do something that grosses you out and is unnecessary!

Me too. No dunking, no mini shower. Sure, sometimes there's lots of poop left on the diaper, but it comes off! (Do a pre-rinse when you wash).

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I use TP to scrape as much poo off as I can. Typically, she has poo that rolls off easily but for the occasional mushy poo, I scrape with TP.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts