Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,<br>
I took my son to the allergist today about his possible latex reaction. We got the epipen and will do a RAST test tomorrow. The allergist suggested that maybe something else on the ride triggered the allergy. I did an internet search looking for somewhere that lists what those rides are made of, but came up empty. Anyone know where I can find this information? Or manufacturers websites where I could email or call?<br><br>
thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,270 Posts
Could there have been food residue on the ride? Not sure what those are made out of but I know I worry about peanut residue on just about everything that dd touches.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Food residue definitely came to mind, however, he has never reacted to any foods. He had a peanut butter sandwich yesterday with no problems.<br><br>
He also had a latex glove challenge, where he wears one latex and one vinyl glove. No reaction, not even when he rubbed his eyes.<br><br>
Sigh...allergies can be sohard!<br><br>
I'm going to post this question in TAO and see if I get any responses there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,219 Posts
My son's primary allergy is mold, so that's always what I think of first. Mold growing in the blower, so it becomes concentrated in the air is what I might imagine. I have know idea if that could really happen, but it certainly happens in airconditioners so maybe the same thing could happen???
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top