Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
My best recipes by a long shot come from Cook's Illustrated. They are really explicit about directions, so you are never guessing. And although they aren't always the simplest way to make something, they are always the tastiest! The MAJOR drawback, however, is that you have to pay. It's 3something for a month, or 20something for a year. I'd recommend getting a 1-month membership and then printing all the recipes you can think of!

·
Registered
10,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by VikingKvinna
Don't forget Epicurious ! I love that, like AllRecipes, the recipes there have reviews and ratings. Plus they're a little more "gourmet," ergo a little less likely to contain ingredients like cream-of soups and Cool Whip, and more from-scratch.

HTH~!

~Nick
Oooh that sounds really good. I hate all those with the prepared stuff and no direction on how to make it from scratch the healthy way. Thank you so much!

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
World's Healthiest Foods
The Healing Kitchen (archives especially)

Alton Brown Good Eats Fan Page has both links to recipes, and the transcripts from his shows. If you aren't familiar with him, he is like "Mr. Science" in the kitchen. When ds gets older, I plan to have a lot of homeschooling lessons based on his show. Here is his official page.

Eating Well magazine also has some good recipes. A lot of them include alcohol, which I don't cook with, but they have enough there it is worth mentioning.

Finally, it isn't a "recipe" source per say, but eGullet is a forum dedicated to cooking. It has so many useful tips from experienced cooks that I have found so helpful.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.