Mothering Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
I really like Glad Rags. I picked up one at my local co-op just to try and it was wonderful. I went back and picked up one more(i only have two store-bought pads). I like how you can decide to put in either 1 or 2 inserts(I usually only need 1 except for the second day of my period and I need 2). I personally LOVE the Keeper though. If you want more info check it out at Lunapads.com in the alternatives section. I've heard good things about lunapanties by the way but never tried them. I love my keeper. I've been using it for about 6 months and only leaked on the first month until I developed the feel for putting it in and getting a good seal. Even on my heaviest months I've never had a problem with it and it's so comfortable. I wear the keeper during the day and cloth at night. the keeper is exactly $36.00 with shipping and it is SO worth it. The Glad Rags went for $10 for one in my local co-op. Being a single mummy on an EXTREMELY tight budget with no room for extras I prefer the one-time costs of these things rather than buying expensive, unhealthy disposable products each month. I will NEVER go back!!!!! Glad rags don't bunch, they dont' slide around, they DO stain a little(I have the unbleached cotton) but who sees them anyway, ya know? Maybe you could try making your own? I think I saw a good pattern somewhere on www.thediaperpin.com for a pad similar to glad rags. Many diapering websites do have sections on mama cloth so try looking into it. I made a few pads for everyday use when I don't use my keeper(which isn't often I have to say) out of cut-up recieving blankets. I also made a lot of madyson's diapers when she was still wearing diapers. It's not hard at all. I have VERY simple sewing skills and I was fine. Best of luck to you. Good for you to make the switch.
Meg

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.