Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
4,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my neice is approaching four. she never learned to crawl, but was walking shortly after a year. i know some kids just do this. but i also know a bit about cross patterning and why that is important for development. she is having some issues, but i dotn want to lead anyone, so if you know about this topic, tell me what could become an issue for a non-crawler. after a few responses, i'll tell about our specific concerns. ty.

· Registered
4,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dn did not use any alternative form of locomotion. one day she just got up and took steps like she had always been doing it. i still dont want to say what my sis is worried about. anyone else want to add to this first?

· Registered
4,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i'm glad someone said it...my sis thinks her dd is dyslexic. ever since looking into SPD for my kids, i think she has some "sensory issues". mostly just cant handle any type of unexpected change. she does not transition smoothly. and her coordination is not great. she is coming up on 4, and for a while seemed to be learning all of her letters, but recently it has been getting harder for her to learn anything new. my sis and i are def. not of the "better late than early" mindset. we present the info, if the kids are interested, we run with it. both my boys knew all the letters, upper and lower, by 3, and could write their names by then too. my neice was about on their track, then suddenly just didnt seen to be progressing anymore. of course my kids are not the gold standard or anything. what bothers my sis is that she is not learning on the same curve as b4. and what she used to "know", she is now forgetting. i guess i am not articulating it well, but it is a theory of mine that this could be an issue for her. i wonder if my sis and i could do cross-paqttern manipulations on her. or is that every two hours also?
:LOL

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.