Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
20,157 Posts
"Crawling Issues" seem to go in and out of vogue.

BIL never crawled (walked right at 12 months) and has always been a cordinated athlete w/no learning problems
There are entire cultures where the children do not crawl *as a rule* and they seem to have no isses. In the past, "crawling therapy" was largly unhelpful, so I'm not sure what a solution would be anyway. You can encourage cross-body motor skills in other ways, though.

· Premium Member
20,157 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by EFmom
My kids were adopted from China. In much of China, children do not get floor time, as floors are considered (and often are) dirty and unhygienic. It is quite common for Chinese children to skip crawling altogether.
That's good to know.

I have read of various cultures that carry their babies so often that when they are set down they do just skip crawling and go straight to walking. It also occured to me when I held DD in a sling alot that she got much more of the walking position (head up, feet down) than kids who are left to lie down a lot--- I wonder if that effects it?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.